EVO 2016

Tournament info goes here!!
VarryoSchwert
Gamertag: varryochoco

EVO 2016

Post by VarryoSchwert »

Is there anyone interested to go to EVO 2016?

We can bring our Xbox360 with VOOT, VOOM & VO4 with twinstick to introduce people about Virtual-On.

At least we need more Xbox360 with VO plus monitors, cable & speaker to play multiplayer.

VOTwinstick, if you are interested to EVO 2016 and can kindly bring your VO Arcade machines to EVO, that will be great.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Re: EVO 2016

Post by Porcupine »

How can you bring the arcade machine to Evo?!

Personally, I'm not a supporter of these hyped events like Evo and others. To me, they are no different than any other publicly organized tournament like Vector Strike. The only inherent difference is size, which arises from the popularity of the featured games. And since I don't think highly of all the popular games, I have no interest in Evo.
VarryoSchwert

Post by VarryoSchwert »

They have areas for people play their own games.
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

I am interested in going to EVO. However, as it is on the opposite side of the country from where I live, I would want a strong enough turnout from others to justify the expense. I would still go to possibly participate in other tournaments and spectate, but a VOOT presence with enough other people would drastically increase the chances of me going.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
VarryoSchwert

Post by VarryoSchwert »

If I go to EVO, I will play SFV & GGXrdR for sure.
I can play Old fighting games like Virtua Fighter, Soul Caliber, SF Alpha, EX, Gundam Wing Endless Duel & Gundam Battle Assault 2.
VOTwinstick
Gamertag: VOTwinstick

Post by VOTwinstick »

I'm interested. But upon a little research the event over 3 days is in two separate locations. "This year Evo is at the Las Vegas Convention Center for Friday and Saturday, and at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on Sunday" . The Las Vegas Convention Center will be closed that Sunday. So if I take pair of arcades and stuff it would only be for that Friday and Saturday. Sunday would end up being the 5hour road trip travel day, return to "Secret Base".
@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

I attended Evo years ago and set up VOOT in the BYOC and it was definitely fun. But that was before Evo was huge so I'm not sure how it would turn out now. I've heard space is limited and in high demand in the BYOC area at Evo. Like if you don't get set up in the early AM you won't get space at all. In any case it would probably still be fun to have a VOOT setup at Evo since at least a few people attending for the main tournaments may also play VOOT. Though they may be busy and focused on those other games and not have much (or any) time for VOOT.
MentholMoose
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

The more I think about it, the more an EVO gathering/tournament seems like something worth trying. The cabinet sounds cool, but I'd probably hope the tournament is played on console since I can't use twin sticks.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
VOTwinstick

Post by VOTwinstick »

I sent a request for floor space on behalf of VO-MC & Oratan.com. Space for pair VO cabs & two tables. Now wait, to hear back. So guess I would bring 2- Tables & chairs (from work) 2- 360 VO cabs, 2- 360 consoles, 3 monitors, 1- twin stick, 2- LAN switches & some patch cables. And that other stuff, just like did "The VO Thing" in Cali. Varryo said he could bring his console and TS, I'm sure a 360 controller too. Mikhal said if he can fit TS in his baggage... got that too. Anyone else to contribute? Throw something in... for the cause?
@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!
SoulGuitarist

Post by SoulGuitarist »

I'll be there. I'm competing in GGxrdR and Pokken.
I would be down for VOOT during the weekend!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

PPX, Moose and I should set up a mini tower. Have people pay $5 to challenge us, and if they beat all three they get the whole pot (would have to start out at some number).

Would require a hell of a lot of advertising leading up to the event on various FGC boards and communities so people know there will be a VO setup in the free play area.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I was going to say that would be unbeatable and pointless, and also that I personally dislike playing for money, but somehow when you combine those together, it makes sense. I guess two evils make something good! :twisted:

You should use one game sets and let them know that, so they will feel like they have a better chance to luck out and win. Maybe you could also say that the winner gets any future pot too. Unless there is more than one winner.
VOTwinstick

Post by VOTwinstick »

Update: The "conversation" with EVO guy was less than hospitable. All in all was a complete buzz kill. I'm going to skip it. Sorry (to) if this effects anyone else.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

Was the response just about the cabinets? Or is it not even possible to set up a couple of consoles?
VOTwinstick

Post by VOTwinstick »

Me-Statment & Questions:
(discription of equipment like to bring arcades and additional items.) "Also if you could advise, Length of extension cords (if needed) to reach electrical source. Is LAN internet available? And any other concerns real or imagined we should be aware of?"

Response Answer:
We do not just give out random space in our convention for non-sponsors.

Me-Return message:
"Mr. Cuellar,
Thank you for responding to my question. I've been told your event in the past had a BringYourOwnConsole area. Will EVO2016 have a BYOC area this year? If so, what time would the doors open for setup of BYOC equipment before general population arrives?
Out of curiosity, what is the rate for sponsorship in my case?
Thank you again,"
So and So

Response Answer:
BYOC opens when the show opens at 8am.

Me-Thanks again for all your responses.
"My last questions.
In the BYOC area: will there be tables/chairs and electric already setup for use or is it up to those who wish to use the area, bring tables/chairs etc...? Also is the BYOC entrance separate or is the same general entrance (front door) everyone uses?"

Response Answer:
Hears only crickets