Gamertag: Schooly D

1st Oratan.com Rookie Tournament!

Post by Schooly D »

1st Oratan.com Rookie Tournament

Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010
Time: 9PM Eastern
Organizer: Oratan.com Admins
1st place prize: 4800 Microsoft Points
(If any generous soul feels like sponsoring a second place prize, let us know!)

Double-elimination tournament, random seeding
Minimum number of entrants: 8

This is a tournament just for the beginners! We want to encourage new and less-skilled players to try their hand at competing, so this tournament offers a handsome prize for first place. Everyone who is NOT on the following list is eligible to play:

- Anyone from Japan :P
- anikingVOOT
- Schooly D
- MentholMo0se
- Emperor of Wu
- PhantomPhotonX
- StarPlatinum87
- DeltastrikeX
- Sixfortyfive
- x DoomHunter x
- Shamanic Beat
- SolarSonic
- EpyonsEclipse
- SixtyHz
- DaveRudolph
- sandsfel
- Lnbot
- Neo Helbeast
- Cipher343
- WyldstyleNeo
- Saffire Wing
- neoKEN360
- Kyper Trast
- Specy87
- Tieria Arde
- Fredo EA8D
- Zaarock
- SaiST
- Bc808
- CrazyDazed
- IAmMikeMusic
- x Alaric x
- The Cosmos Owl
- Kuroilupin

It's possible that there are some people I've neglected, so just in case we reserve the right to deny entry to anyone we feel is too good. But if you're not on the list then you should try to sign up anyway.

To sign up, either reply to this thread with your Gamertag and VR or send an email with the same information to voot.tournament@gmail.com

All you people who post on other video game forums: advertise this tournament! As a VOOT player it is your duty!
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
NetplayerD

Re: 1st Oratan.com Rookie Tournament!

Post by NetplayerD »

GT: NetplayerD
VR: Specineff

I'll try my best to spread the word, it'll be a nice idea to get more people to join the Virtual-On Scene.
ChrmnMa0

Post by ChrmnMa0 »

Name: ChrmnMa0
Raiden
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

GT: Knoxximus
VR: Raiden

Here goes nothing! :mrgreen:
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

A few entries I've received via e-mail:

FruitieDinosaur

RazerVOOT

sirmeep1

MaximumSpaniard

Dr Doujinshi

Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll drop by here to introduce themselves. :)
nightmare medic

Post by nightmare medic »

GT: nightmare medic
VR: 1080

Neo Helbeast convinced me to join the site and give this a shot
Exorcet

Post by Exorcet »

OE Exorcet

Cypher
Swamp

Post by Swamp »

GT: Swamp2k9
VR: Fei-Yen
Infinite Seven

Post by Infinite Seven »

GT: Infinite Se7en
VR: Specineff
OllieMilne

Post by OllieMilne »

GT: OllieMilne
VR: Temjin

Turns out I can enter this, I was just an idiot!
Calimdir

Post by Calimdir »

If it is not too late I would like to enter

Gamer Tag: Calimdir
VR: Temjin
quicknbrite

Post by quicknbrite »

yo yo yo let me speek on this i am an old school dreamcast VOOT player and so far i am haveing a lil trouble with the controls
of the xbox 360s ver. of the game so to help i have been practiceing on the trainning mode on verry hard to try to get used to the strange controls and i just want to know why i see ppl only playing spefneff all the time even on the DC he was a cheap way to get wins all the time he is the only mech whos shots go thru anything and i find that cheap kinda like eddie gordo was cheap in tekken 3 tornys till they banned him
OllieMilne

Post by OllieMilne »

quicknbrite wrote:yo yo yo let me speek on this i am an old school dreamcast VOOT player and so far i am haveing a lil trouble with the controls
of the xbox 360s ver. of the game so to help i have been practiceing on the trainning mode on verry hard to try to get used to the strange controls and i just want to know why i see ppl only playing spefneff all the time even on the DC he was a cheap way to get wins all the time he is the only mech whos shots go thru anything and i find that cheap kinda like eddie gordo was cheap in tekken 3 tornys till they banned him
I only see two people using Specineff, so whats the problem?
I'm new to VOOT so I'm not sure if any actual large scale tourney ever banned Specineff, but Eddy isn't even considered in the top 10 on Tekken 3, and I highly doubt any tournament of regard banned him, just scrubby ones where people didn't know how to deal with him.
Irregardless, doesn't look like Specineff is banned in this tournament, if you don't want to enter because of that, then don't.
Dr Doujinshi

Post by Dr Doujinshi »

Gamertag: Dr Doujinshi
VR: Bal
Exorcet

Post by Exorcet »

So how is this being set up? Just be online 30 minutes before and wait for message?
Calimdir

Post by Calimdir »

I would also like to note that I am willing to donate the extra Mircosoft I have from buying this game if there are other people who are willing to donate a bit as well.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

OllieMilne wrote:
quicknbrite wrote:yo yo yo let me speek on this i am an old school dreamcast VOOT player and so far i am haveing a lil trouble with the controls
I only see two people using Specineff, so whats the problem?
I'm new to VOOT so I'm not sure if any actual large scale tourney ever banned Specineff, but Eddy isn't even considered in the top 10 on Tekken 3, and I highly doubt any tournament of regard banned him, just scrubby ones where people didn't know how to deal with him.
Irregardless, doesn't look like Specineff is banned in this tournament, if you don't want to enter because of that, then don't.
I actually don't see too many Specineffs in Ranked, and in our USIT tournaments there are usually only one or two Specineff players, including myself. I don't think any Specineff players have won the monthly Japanese tournaments either, although I could be wrong.

Good VR, yes. Unfairly good, no. Raiden is actually rated higher in the tier list if you ignore 1080 and Ajim, for whatever that's worth.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

Exorcet wrote:So how is this being set up? Just be online 30 minutes before and wait for message?
that's more or less how it goes. you wait around, get an invite to play, then leave, and if you win then you wait for another invite.

Also of note: (gotta make this big) If you can't make the tourney post here or message the event organizer, in this case schooly D. So we do not have to wait a half hour for you not to show up
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

Calimdir wrote:I would also like to note that I am willing to donate the extra Mircosoft I have from buying this game if there are other people who are willing to donate a bit as well.
I appreciate it! Unfortunately, there's no way to give Microsoft Points as a gift. We have 3 1600-point cards, and we'll give the winner their codes. It's impossible to give someone points that you've already purchased through your Xbox, though.
neo helbeast wrote:Also of note: (gotta make this big) If you can't make the tourney post here or message the event organizer, in this case schooly D. So we do not have to wait a half hour for you not to show up
This!
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Sorry for waiting til the last minute to post!

GT: Mintzaigar
VR: Specineff or Apharmd B
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar