Friday Night Voot For A Prize

Tournament info goes here!!
Vash

Friday Night Voot For A Prize

Post by Vash »

As Some Of you may know I did run a VOOT Tournament for your choice of MS points are Xbox Live The Next Date is !!!!! Friday 28 Sing Ups will be at 10:30 est and we will start at 11:00 Pm est Add VOOT KING VASH TO XBL TO JOIN IN THIS EVENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Friday Night Voot For A Prize

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

Wow. This isn't even English. Is this...Vashese? I'd love to sing up too but I don't have a very good singing voice. :lol: Also Vash, if you want people to sign up, you should make sure you have the right date. Let me translate this for everyone:

What he means to say is that he's having a tournament every other Friday, and the winner gets to choose between MS Points (1600, I think) or 3 months of Xbox Live. And you have to add VOOT KING VASH to your friends list. At least he got that last part right!

The next tourney is Friday the 30th (tomorrow)! If you win, you can't play in the next tourney, to make things fair for everyone. It's an eight-player tournament, so be on-time if you want a spot.

I think that's all. Thanks to Vash for doing this!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

So are you playing tomorrow PPX?
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

I'll be on, but I can't play since I won last time...there was no tourney last week. If a slot opens up for me sometime during the tourney, I'd like to watch, but I doubt that's gonna happen. So, someone will just have to record the matches for all the non-participants to watch. Hopefully someone in the tourney will be able to record the matches.

But with me out of the way, Shamanic, I do hope you and your girly Temjin can humiliate the competition. Go represent!
- Confucius
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

3/1 result
Double Elimination Tourney Rule
-everyone is placed in the winner's bracket. if you lose, you are sent to the loser's bracket
-if you lose in the loser's bracket, you are out
-in the grand finals, the winner of the loser's bracket have to win twice while the winner of winner's bracket only need to win once.

Winner's bracket
Round 1 (final 8)
neoKEN vs Emperor of Wu
PhantomPhotonX vs Vash
Goliath vs Monterray
Shamanic Beat vs Swamp2k9

Round 2 (semi-final)
neoKEN vs Goliath
PhantomPhotonX vs Shamanic

Winner's Final
neoKEN vs PhantomPhotonX

Loser's bracket
Round 1
Emperor of Wu vs Swamp2k9
Monterray vs Vash

Round 2
Vash vs Emperor of Wu

Round 3
Shamanic vs Emperor of Wu

Loser's Final
neoKEN vs Shamanic

Grand Final
PhantomPhotonX vs Shamanic

*if there is any mistake, let me know*
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Sucks that I had to miss it, but I'll have a super long day today (wake up at 6 AM, get home at 3 AM or so), so staying up late wouldn't have been wise. I probably would have lost to PPX had I made it that far, anyway.

Does anybody else have connection problems with Emperor of Wu? It usually shows a two-bar connection when he challenges me, but the last few times I've played him (which were all on separate days) our games have been really choppy, pretty much to the point of being unplayable. That would suck in a tournament.
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

Thanks to Vash for hosting and to neoKEN for posting the results. There are a couple of things that we missed, I think. On my sheet I have round 2 of the losers bracket being Vash vs. Shamanic, with Shamanic being the winner. I also don't see where Goliath got his second loss (and wouldn't you know it, I missed it on my sheet too...or maybe it never happened!) but if I recall correctly, it was to neoKEN in round 2. neoKEN, if you can double-check me, that would be great.

The only other thing to note is that as I was the winner of the previous tournament, the prize passes to the second-place finisher, Shamanic Beat. Congrats to Shamanic and his girly Temjin!

Hopefully next time things will be a bit smoother, seeing has how this double-elimination format was sort of like a beta test for us (I don't think we had ever done one until now).
- Confucius
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

The double elimination thing was very confusing :3

And thank you Vash for the generous prize.