VOOT Tournament at Digital Press in Clifton, NJ on Jan 29th!

Tournament info goes here!!
supergoldzero

VOOT Tournament at Digital Press in Clifton, NJ on Jan 29th!

Post by supergoldzero »

I am very happy and proud to announce that my local video game store, Digital Press [http://www.digitpress.com, the site is temporarily down] the site is ] will be hosting a VOOT tournament at our local NAVA [North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados] meeting this month on January 29th, 2010 with my two pairs of 360 twin sticks!
Check out Joe Santulli's [the store owner] advertising blurb:

"We're expecting 2011 to be a "two-fisted powerhouse of a year" and we also believe that this will likely be the year where the robots ultimate plan begins taking shape. Naturally, they intend to destroy humanity. To begin the year/conflict right, we're going to help everyone get some training in on Virtual On: Force for the 360 (imported) with TWO twin-sticks. Sure you'll be playing AS a robot, but what better way to learn how TO DESTROY a robot, eh? Hmm?

The game supports system-link so Virtua On: Force will also be our 6pm tournament. Practice during the day, dominate at night! Remember to be there at 5pm to get on the sign-up sheet, first 16 players are in, free of charge!

This month's arcade high score challenge will be "Robotron 2084". The person who logs in the highest score by 8pm will get a $20 gift certificate for the Digital Press store and will be added to the new "house champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Get your practicing in now!

Get your trade boxes in order and remember to wear your NAVA t-shirt to get the maximum discount on purchases... it's NAVA time!

When: Saturday, January 29th, 3pm to midnight.
Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/yscakm
What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
What can I bring?: Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well."

Facebook event link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 ... ent_invite

He mentions that we are having a Virtual On Force tournament and even though I will be bringing my copy of it I really want to make this a VOOT tournament with the two HDTVs he has there! The store's address is 387 Piaget Ave
Clifton, NJ 07011 and the telephone number is (973) 772-1111. I don't think many people here on located on the east coast in the United States, but hopefully some of you can come!
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Re: VOOT Tournament at Digital Press in Clifton, NJ on Jan 2

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Oh Goddamit, I lived within driving distance of there about two years ago, but now I'm on the other side of the country! This would be such a great event to visit. :( Oh well.. I hope a good number of people come. I'll be sure to tell my friend about this, although I doubt he'll come, as I just got him to get the game. Too bad that Outer Limits Toys, which was right next door to Digital Press, closed down. Buying a bunch of Gundam models and having a VOOT tournament on the same day would've been awesome!

Be sure to post pics!
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
supergoldzero

Post by supergoldzero »

chunkypuff31 wrote:Oh Goddamit, I lived within driving distance of there about two years ago, but now I'm on the other side of the country! This would be such a great event to visit. :( Oh well.. I hope a good number of people come. I'll be sure to tell my friend about this, although I doubt he'll come, as I just got him to get the game. Too bad that Outer Limits Toys, which was right next door to Digital Press, closed down. Buying a bunch of Gundam models and having a VOOT tournament on the same day would've been awesome!

Be sure to post pics!
That Outer Limits moved to another location apparently due to it's basement flooding in 2009 or 2010. I am not only going to take pictures but I am going to try to save all the replays from the tournament and post them on Youtube as well!
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive

Post by chunkypuff31 »

supergoldzero wrote:That Outer Limits moved to another location apparently due to it's basement flooding in 2009 or 2010.
This news makes me sad. I've been in that basement a number of times before, and man was it a sight to see. A completely dark room filled floor to ceiling with models upon models. In my 14-year-old mind, I was in heaven. :lol: It's nice to hear that they're still in business, though. Hopefully they were able to make the move without losing to much stock in the flood.

Also, any chance you could have a party going while this event is going on? I want in. :D
Tet
Gamertag: Bakufuun

Post by Tet »

Y'know, it's things like this that make me really want to build a slingshot to launch myself to different parts of the country that aren't within a certain margin of distance.

Either that or try and borrow from Aniking's Fei-Yen harems to get a cart going... >.>
Area to remain blank until I stop procrastinating.
Wait...
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

Dammit all, I would've made the trip, but my work will sadly interfere this time. Why couldn't they have just moved it one week later? :x :x :x

I'm sure Vash would be interested, since NJ is his home turf. And since this is Force, he won't be able to Vash people with that crappy excuse of a Surfing Ram.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
supergoldzero

Post by supergoldzero »

PhantomPhotonX wrote:Dammit all, I would've made the trip, but my work will sadly interfere this time. Why couldn't they have just moved it one week later? :x :x :x

I'm sure Vash would be interested, since NJ is his home turf. And since this is Force, he won't be able to Vash people with that crappy excuse of a Surfing Ram.
Well I want to emphasis that I am trying to make this a VOOT tournament since I only have one copy of Force and I will never be crazy enough to invest in two more twin sticks!
chunkypuff31 wrote: Also, any chance you could have a party going while this event is going on? I want in. :D
This whole shindig is like a party and I want to strive to have the twin sticks up all day for everyone to mess around with. I need to get more practice against live opponents to get better at using the sticks, they are very hard to get used to since I am so new using them.
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive

Post by chunkypuff31 »

supergoldzero wrote:
chunkypuff31 wrote: Also, any chance you could have a party going while this event is going on? I want in. :D
This whole shindig is like a party and I want to strive to have the twin sticks up all day for everyone to mess around with. I need to get more practice against live opponents to get better at using the sticks, they are very hard to get used to since I am so new using them.
What I meant to say was an XBL Party. Even if I can't make it, it'd still be cool to play with you guys.
supergoldzero

Post by supergoldzero »

It took me forever to get off my lazy butt and post the tournament's videos on Youtube, but I finally did it today.

Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZbt2gBCquQ
Round 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U63URPl8JXs
Round 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq7qZ58RLaQ
Round 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45rqX7idag
Round 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZWP7eGSBiM
Round 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcjY-TbZJe0

Note: Everyone who played in the tournament were completely new to the game and the twin sticks.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

It's great that you shared footage from your tournament. However, next time, can you please uploaded it from DNA/RNA view instead of Live Monitor view. Live Monitor, it is difficult to see what's going on where the camera panning all over the place.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
supergoldzero

Post by supergoldzero »

neoKEN wrote:It's great that you shared footage from your tournament. However, next time, can you please uploaded it from DNA/RNA view instead of Live Monitor view. Live Monitor, it is difficult to see what's going on where the camera panning all over the place.
I will post the DNA and RNA side of each battle soon. Thanks for the tip!