Tet's Introductory VOOT Tournament

Tournament info goes here!!
Tet
Gamertag: Bakufuun

Tet's Introductory VOOT Tournament

Post by Tet »

Well, since Menthol said I could, I'm making a thread for the tourney I'm hosting where I live for the batch of new guys I'm bringing in.

Anyhow, they already know the gist of everything, so only rosters and dates and what-not will go here for now. Also, if anyone wants to watch, just give a holler. We're conducting play all on two 360 consoles I have here over Xbox LIVE, so we have 5 seats open for spectators. (One is reserved for Helbeast if he still wishes to record it for us.)

DATE AND TIME: February 5th, 5pm-8pm MST (Wide range just in case. We have some slackers...)
Players (First names only unless I get direct permission to place full):
Frank
Alex G
Alex B
Kevin
Kris
Raul (Gamertag: FormedWhisper5)
Jacob (Gamertag: D4RK 3NCRYPT3R)
BLANK (The 8th person hasn't responded to me in any way about the tourney for about a month now, so, after a majority rules vote, I will act as a stand-in for the 8th player. I would find another new player, but I want to keep this specific tourney local. I won't be using Temjin, though. I'll use one I want to try and get better with.)

MATCH-UPS (To save myself time, I did these now.):
Alex G v. Raul (Apharmd B)
Myself (Stein-Vok) v. Frank (Raiden)
Alex B v. Kris
Kevin (Grys-Vok) v. Jacob (Grys-Vok)

VRs will be updated as people make their decisions. I'm trying to figure it out, but I'm pretty sure half the people on this list are asleep right now.

There's also a back-up match-up roster just in case Alex G is unable to make it, as he said it may no be possible at all for him to make it. If we have to rely on that, the match-ups will look like this instead:
Myself (Stein-Vok) - BYE
Raul (Apharmd B) v. Frank (Raiden)
Alex B v. Kris
Kevin (Grys-Vok) v. Jacob (Grys-Vok)

That's everything we haven't discussed for now, hope this turns out swell.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this will be staged on Xbox LIVE using the two 360 consoles with the gamertags Bakufuun (my own) and Balkan Beat Box (my brother who is letting us use his Xbox for this) as DNA and RNA respectively. All gamertags, if you want, can be added to your friend's list except for Balkan Beat Box. This allows the max number a spectators, with one reserved for Helbeast. Just to clarify in case my post was of tl;dr status.
EDIT 2: Alex B will not be able to attend. However, luckily, I found a person to stand in as a reserve just in case something like this happened right before. My brother will be standing in for Alex B. However, since I'm lazy, I'll just keep his name there because I'm lazy.
EDIT 3: Alright, sorry for taking so long to post the time up even though I had this info for a while now, I've been a little busy because my TF2 team decided to sign up for CEVO this season.
Last edited by Tet on 04 Feb 2011, 11:49, edited 6 times in total.
Area to remain blank until I stop procrastinating.
Wait...
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Tet's Introductory VOOT Tournament

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

Sounds like fun. I'd be interested in watching. This is a good opportunity for networking with fellow VOOT players, and plus, you never know who will be the next Aniking!

No guarantees, but I'm generally available on Saturday evenings, so there's a good likelihood I would be able to spectate.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
Tet

Post by Tet »

I'm totally going to play against you after the tourney, ya know. I've been wanting to see how you play in an actual match with you. Granted, I'll probably get wrecked considering I main Temjin as well, but getting wrecked is always the best learning experience. It's too bad only one person who's participating in this tournament has had the chance to look at this post, though... Things come in good time, I suppose.
Wait...
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

I'd love to watch this as well. From the sounds of it, it looks like this'll be the first tournament to occur since Vash held his last little mini-tourney a while back (Note to Vash: you still owe Shamanic those MS points :) ).
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
RACCOONraul

Post by RACCOONraul »

haha alright so when we going to play? any real update on that?
Tet

Post by Tet »

Well, I need to know what time Kris, Jacob, and Alex B are available before we can decide. Pretty much every other competitor said whenever. Raul, if you'd like, I always contact Kris when he's sleeping, so can you ask him for me? Frank's dealing with Alex B, I'm working with Jacob, and Alex G will come if his schedule allows.
Wait...
Tet

Post by Tet »

Updated the date and time section so people can look at it and see if it allows with their schedule. Let's hope I don't have to postpone it, as Alex G may be able to make it.
Wait...
Tet

Post by Tet »

Sorry for a third post in a row, but this tourney is canceled. Everyone else has just stated that they cannot make it, and I'm done trying to organize fruitless things. Thing is canceled.
Wait...