Virtual On Force - out now - apparently region free!

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Re: Virtual On Force coming to XBLA?

Post by MasterFygar »

That's... not including shipping, is it? :(
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

MasterFygar wrote:That's... not including shipping, is it? :(
I think it includes shipping within Japan. They don't ship overseas anyway.
MentholMoose
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

NCSX mentioned that the package weight for them is 27 lbs, about 12.2 kg. EMS shipping for that to North America would be 17,300¥, just under $200 at current exchange rates. :shock:
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Good god...
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

That shipping info dashes a lot of peoples hopes. I wish Hori would release them in the US. I'd be on happy guy.

Maybe we should start up an email campaign to get Hori to release them in the States. :idea: :mrgreen:
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

If we do an email campaign, we should go for Force in the states as there's actually a chance in hell of that happening...
ImageImage
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

We could always combine the two.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Go for snail mail campaign instead. Though I don't know who I should sent it ot.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

T1BillionX wrote:We could always combine the two.
24.4 kg is ¥30,500. Also there may be a size surcharge. Here the rate calculator:
Check rates and delivery days
MentholMoose
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

MentholMoose wrote:
T1BillionX wrote:We could always combine the two.
24.4 kg is ¥30,500. Also there may be a size surcharge. Here the rate calculator:
Check rates and delivery days
I meant the email campaign for the Hori Twins sticks and Virtual On 4 Force in the US. That was useful though.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

I don't think it would work to combine them as Hori has nothing to do with Sega's game releases and Sega has nothing to do with Hori's accessory releases. They're both worth a try, though. I like the idea of snail mail, I'll do some research and if I find an address I'll post it.
ImageImage
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Tieria will love this.
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

I never got to play Force and that pic makes me want to play it.

Does anyone have any high resolution pics of the Twin Stick EX?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

T1BillionX wrote:I never got to play Force and that pic makes me want to play it.

Does anyone have any high resolution pics of the Twin Stick EX?
There are some pics at the link below, although I don't know if the res is high enough for you:
http://www.hori.jp/products/xbox360/con ... _stick_ex/

Also I kind of recall seeing some high-res pics on the forum, so perhaps search the forum and try to find some pics.
MentholMoose
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

I wanted to know for sure what the sticks are labled as and a hi-res pic of the face of the controller would have answered that.

Nevermind I found out what the sticks are. They are the D-Pad and the left analog stick. I think if Hori would have use the Seimit LSX-57 or the LSX-57-01 stick instead of the Sanwa JLJ-PL2-8V stick it probably cut the sticks cost down considerably.

I mention the LSX-57 because I gonna get a set to use for my custom twin sticks. I think the shaft from the Saturn or DC Twin sticks may fit. I let you guys know what comes of this.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

T1BillionX wrote:I wanted to know for sure what the sticks are labled as and a hi-res pic of the face of the controller would have answered that.

Nevermind I found out what the sticks are. They are the D-Pad and the left analog stick.
This pic from the link has that info, although it says the left lever is the d-pad and the right lever is the right analog stick.
7_spec.jpg
Anyway VER.5.66 for 360 has fully customizable controls so there is not much need to use a specific layout for the mod. I've successfully used the d-pad and ABXY for all of my mods. For emulated VER.5.45 on nullDC you currently (as of version 1.04 r50) have to use both analogs since it's not configurable.
T1BillionX wrote:I think if Hori would have use the Seimit LSX-57 or the LSX-57-01 stick instead of the Sanwa JLJ-PL2-8V stick it probably cut the sticks cost down considerably.
The DC Twin Sticks are based on the LS-56-01, and the MSRP at the time (late 1999) was ¥6800.
T1BillionX wrote:I mention the LSX-57 because I gonna get a set to use for my custom twin sticks. I think the shaft from the Saturn or DC Twin sticks may fit. I let you guys know what comes of this.
I haven't personally tested compatibility with the LSX-57(-01), however I've seen custom TS built using it and extensive modding to the SAT/DC sticks was required to use them. Someone was selling custom shafts to allow use of unmodded DC/SAT sticks, but I don't remember what base they were using (probably the LSX-57(-01) but I don't remember). Anyway good luck with your mod and let us know how it goes.
MentholMoose
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

I was thinking using the D-Pad and the ABXY setup would be the most hassle free way to go. Funny, the LS-56-01 may ¥6800(around $78) in '99 but the JLJ-PL2-8V is ¥8925 right now. It's like the equivalent a little over $100 per stick. The LSX-57-01 is going around ¥2100(around $25). I don't see why Hori would go such an expensive route. They could have made something a little more cost effective and made more of a profit and could of brought the price down as well.
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Post by Fredo »

As far as I know, Virtual On is like totally unknown in Europe.

Europe (France at least) does no longer have any VOOM arcade machine working and never had any VOOT machine imported.

Before XBLA VOOT, no VO games were released in Europe, no VOOT, no VO Marz, no SEGA-AGES VOOM.

But VOOT was released on EU XBLA, so I have a very tiny hope that VO4 might be released outside of Japan.

I know that VO didn't sold very well in Europe.
The demo was set on the "Twin Stick" control scheme by default, so most of people didn't wanted to set the options or read that annoying tutorial. They tried the game, understood nothing about the control and declared it was crap.

Anyway, if it's not released outside of Japan, I may buy a Japanese Xbox, There's a bunch of cool games I d'like to play on, but not sure.
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

T1BillionX wrote:I was thinking using the D-Pad and the ABXY setup would be the most hassle free way to go. Funny, the LS-56-01 may ¥6800(around $78) in '99 but the JLJ-PL2-8V is ¥8925 right now. It's like the equivalent a little over $100 per stick. The LSX-57-01 is going around ¥2100(around $25). I don't see why Hori would go such an expensive route. They could have made something a little more cost effective and made more of a profit and could of brought the price down as well.
I definitely think Hori should of just cloned the DC Twin Sticks. Even though the DC Twin Sticks are more fragile, they are way cheaper. They could include some spare parts without increasing the price much at all. Anyway as long as you don't abuse them, they will last forever (mine are still fine).

In December 1999 the exchange rate was around ¥105/$1, so I got the DC TS for $68 plus shipping from NCS, see here: NCS Week of December 06, 1999. DC VOOT was $51 (so was Bangaioh), per here: NCS Week of December 06, 1999. *sigh* those were the days.
MentholMoose
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

Yes they were Menthol, yes they were.