Virtual On Force - out now - apparently region free!

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Re: Virtual On Force - out now - apparently region free!

Post by NGEFreek »

Creating your own Japanese Xbox Live Silver Account

1) Head on over to Microsoft's passport Web site (if you're logged in to a current account, make sure to sign out). Sign up for a new, free Hotmail account.

2) When asked, remember to answer that you're from Japan -- don't worry, you dirty liar, we won't judge you.

3) The next part, which would be the "trickiest," is entering some additional information about where you are from. You'll have to enter bogus information. The following should work fine (the phone number is for a Domino's Pizza near Akebonobashi Station in Tokyo):

Postal code: 150-2345
Province: Tokyo-to
Phone Number: 098-974-0604

4) Once you've activated your new Hotmai account, it's time to head on over to your Xbox 360. Switch profiles if necessary (the X button) and create a new profile, and a new Xbox Live account.

5) You'll next have to sign in with your new Japanese passport. Keep the number for Domino's Pizza Akebonobashi handy, because you're going to need to enter it again. Also, you might get hungry.

6) Create a gamertag and ... that's it!
I pretty much followed these steps exactly, only I ever had to enter a phone number, and I got a free month of XBL Gold, so hooray!
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

NGEFreek wrote:Will JPN accounts even accept US credit cards to buy MS Points?
No, but you can buy japanese MS point cards with the codes emailed to you from places like NCSX, etc.

Weird about the DLC code.. the Mushihimesama Futari preorder dlc was downloadable from any region account.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
RayLancer

Post by RayLancer »

NCSX posted a new comment on the Asian version product page:
* Please note the Asian version of VO4 does not include the DLC code of the Border Break booklet that was included in the Japanese version of the game.
I wonder if thats different from that "bust" code lol.
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

Well, I guess its not a huge deal (no pun intended), since things will be moving so quickly, I doubt a D Cup or Ghetto Booty would make much of a difference, oh well.

If I skimp and get the Asia version, I can use that $20 for more than half of the platinum Mushemihama Futatatari or whatever that came out a while back. Decisions, decisions....
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

NGEFreek wrote:Mushemihama Futatatari or whatever
You meant Mushihimesama Futanari.
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

shamanic_beat wrote:You meant Mushihimesama Futanari.
You best watch your mouth, son.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
RayLancer

Post by RayLancer »

Has anyone played this yet? Forgive me if I'm an ignorant noob to the series but something that's been bothering me. Players and fans looked down on Virtual On Marz, yet its supposed to be "based" on the VO: Force. Anyone else fearing the same thing for VO: Force. Everyone seems to love VOOT however for its speed and mechanics (which I should go pick up for the 360...)
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

RayLancer wrote:Has anyone played this yet? Forgive me if I'm an ignorant noob to the series but something that's been bothering me. Players and fans looked down on Virtual On Marz, yet its supposed to be "based" on the VO: Force. Anyone else fearing the same thing for VO: Force. Everyone seems to love VOOT however for its speed and mechanics (which I should go pick up for the 360...)
Well, Force uses the same engine, but I believe the main issue with Marz is that it was only a PART of Force, adding horribly made story modes onto it. Online play, true 4 player, more VRs, more modes, normal arcade mode and slightly better graphics are all included this time around. It DOES use the same engine as Marz (or rather, Marz uses the same engine as it) but the reason for the slower gameplay is to make four player more doable (it takes a lot more to focus on three other players and all that), which Marz never made up for. Force is four player pvp goodness. Marz was an engine slowed down for four player that was either 2 player pvp or ridiculous 3 vs 1 pvc matches. The only way to have four players on Marz was to have at least two computers that were absolute idiots and that's what made it suck. Force was designed to be a 4 player multiplayer game, not a story-driven train wreck of a 1 player narrative with horrendously limited 2 player multiplayer on a 4 player engine. Plus, the extras added to make up for the loss of EVERYTHING THAT WAS WORTHWHILE in Marz quite frankly sucked and the extra mode that actually explained the convoluted series plot was cut from International releases. That's why most of us think Force has some chance of being better (and some of us, apparently, LIKED Marz. Crazy, I know, and I shun them from existence. But they do.)
ImageImage
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Clocking in 10 hours now; it's surprisingly better than Marz. Though it's still slower than OT, the AI customization and a much larger VR roster allows more variety in playstyle. Kagekiyo is a BEAST! Enemy AI is still unforgiving as ever, by the way.

Oh, and Jaguarandi being a separate VR unlockable is an auto-WIN. He even gets an infinite CW gauge :lol:
Psycho Echidna

Post by Psycho Echidna »

Hey there. I have a quick question ... (hope this is the right place since i am new to the forum)

I have downloaded the female virtuaroids dlc via my japanese account but i can not find the option to adjust such in the game. Any idea where this option is located ?

Thanks for the help ...

So glad Force is region free ... I definitively dig force more than marz.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Psycho Echidna wrote:Hey there. I have a quick question ... (hope this is the right place since i am new to the forum)

I have downloaded the female virtuaroids dlc via my japanese account but i can not find the option to adjust such in the game. Any idea where this option is located ?

Thanks for the help ...

So glad Force is region free ... I definitively dig force more than marz.
Do you see the "mp, pp, ff, f" next to your Female Vrs name in the VR select menu? use the LTrigger to change them :)
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Wow. :shock:

Glad to hear that Force is being well received AAAAAAAAND is region free to boot! I guess I'll take the plunge, then. 8-)

My question is...do I need to buy two discs for local multiplay? Or did they get smart and include splitscreen with this disc release? :|
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Up to 4 Player split-screen is supported.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Two Mission Pack DLC (3rd Operation and 4th Operation) will be available mid-January for 400 MSP each.

Really? Sega is trying milk more out of freaking Virtual On? Really?
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Not that it matters. The missions kinda sucked anyway; only playing them as I wanted to unlocked more VRs.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

Is it technically illegal to make a Japanese account? I want the boob code but I don't want my 360 to get bricked from the big M...
ImageImage
Psycho Echidna

Post by Psycho Echidna »

Guarayakha, thank you for the help. Kudos for your ai training guide as well.

MasterF, it is fine. I have this japanese account since the demo of bayonetta in 2009 and i have no problem. I think you will be just fine.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

Awesome. Account up and ready.

For the curious: if you go through Hotmail, there's no phone number needed.

Which is good because if Domino gets my calls I'd be in trouble :lol:
ImageImage
Psycho Echidna

Post by Psycho Echidna »

guarayakha wrote:Not that it matters. The missions kinda sucked anyway; only playing them as I wanted to unlocked more VRs.
There is no other way to unlock new VRs, I believe?

You can unlock new colors as well too with the missions.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

So far, yes. VR unlock seems to be random, new colors comes mostly from completing a mission with the VR you want colors for. But you could do the Single Jag battle(First OP, last mission) repeatedly, since you could CC him to death. Usually a 30sec finish, even faster if you'd unlock Jag to be your partner and set it so he's triggerhappy (he'll spam RTCW, I got 8 seconds completion time for that, lol).