VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
VOTwinstick
Gamertag: VOTwinstick

Re: VO: Force - who's in?!

Post by VOTwinstick »

VOTwinstick
New to these waters, but I bring good news! http://www.play-asia.com/Cyber_Troopers ... -4kf1.html
Force 4 is a steal right now! $35. Free Shipping!
Most Wednesdays 5pm pacific time USA we are holding RANKED MATCH nite. Also streaming these matches online by good buddy and soon member of these forums, Fallsmyer @ http://www.twitch.tv/fallsmyer . Also check out previous recorded RANKED MATCHES and clips
We do tweet additional VO game meets, VO things and what we hear even from Japan players!
Great site, it's made of what's in my soul. I'm happy to be here!

TEMJIN Forever!
more to post soon
@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Welcome to the forum twinstick. Yeah that's a steal. No excuse for VO fans not to import it anymore really. Looking forward to playing matches with you and other players!

Actually got a lot of vo4 matches in today with neoken, porcupine and skydriverice, good times.

edit: 5pm PST is 3am for me so I certainly can't be online then either, heh
Last edited by Zaarock on 13 Jul 2013, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

There's absolutely no way for me to ever play at 5 pm pacific time, oh well. =D

I live in Hawaii so that is like 2 pm here, which is a time when I'm NEVER able to be online playing games.

A few hours earlier or later, and I would be able to play sometimes.
Fallsmyer
Gamertag: KBMF

Post by Fallsmyer »

Porcupine wrote:There's absolutely no way for me to ever play at 5 pm pacific time, oh well. =D

I live in Hawaii so that is like 2 pm here, which is a time when I'm NEVER able to be online playing games.

A few hours earlier or later, and I would be able to play sometimes.
We normally do our rank matches for 3-4 hours depending on how long some of us stay awake. I could probably push the streams until 1-2 AM EST on most days.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

That still won't help me much because I don't get home until usually 7 pm.

However, today I may try to make an exception and go home extra early, maybe 5 pm? So that would be 8 pm pacific time.

Do we have to play Ranked? I wouldn't mind playing Ranked if I could do it regularly, but I doubt I will be able to, so I prefer to stay as a green Newbie forever.
Fallsmyer

Post by Fallsmyer »

I know we're usually trying to play at least once a week. Depends on who's online. Kinda wish there was an easier way to schedule than just forums.
KooPaMan520
Gamertag: koopaman520

Post by KooPaMan520 »

hey I got force! count me in Koopaman520
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

The particular "regular" gathering that was being organized in this thread never really happened. We met once or twice but most of this "new" group of players then stopped playing, except for VO Twinstick.

However, as of late we've gotten a lot of different english-speaking Force players joining here and there. Some of them are pretty decent but we're having trouble getting them to stick around, too. The main problems are players' overwhelming gaps in experience/skill, plus the fact that most of the Japanese players are only on at 3 am and the game's population is dwindling even in Japan.

I tried to invite you to play a lot of times this week but you are usually on Xbox One, or you get off just before I get on. Right now I'm the one trying to play most often, but I can never find anyone to play with. Almost all the other western players are taking a break or stopped playing.

BTW, my account says it's Silver but I can play anytime. I just use a lot of Gold trials to play, I've got a couple years' worth stored up.
KooPaMan520
Gamertag: koopaman520

Post by KooPaMan520 »

what is your gamertag again? i'll add u. When I saw u playin vo, I will hop on. Usually my 360 is wired connect to my laptop for bridge connection, but that is a hassle lol. so usually I play offline, arcade a lot... Would I receive messages from the 360 on my x1?
DarkraiZero
Gamertag: Darkrai100234

Post by DarkraiZero »

I would play anytime I'm on... but I been on PS3 for BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA and probably not play Xbox for a long time. I am sometimes online but I do not play much anymore. I just use the Xbox to chat nowadays.
OMG: Apharmd, Temjin, Bal-Bas-Bow
VOOT: Temjin, Bal-Bados
VO4: Specineff 13 The Sin
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Porcupine wrote:However, as of late we've gotten a lot of different english-speaking Force players joining here and there. Some of them are pretty decent but we're having trouble getting them to stick around, too. The main problems are players' overwhelming gaps in experience/skill, plus the fact that most of the Japanese players are only on at 3 am and the game's population is dwindling even in Japan.
I don't think skill gap will be an issue for long if people play the game regularly. At least it takes a lot less time to learn to play fairly well in VO4 compared VOOT, especially if you already have some experience in the series. And the time windows for punishing enemy mistakes, etc. are a lot easier to take advantage of (indeed, because the game is slower. close combat is still very fast though).

The japanese online community seems to be doing ok to me, and this is only taking player match into account. I usually see at least 4-5 simultaneous full player match lobbies at the usual times (that's ~ 30 people online at once, more than VOOT in ranked + player).

(angry rant incoming)

Honestly considering how little interest VO4 got by western players I don't see how a new VO game would change things much in the west, even if it's more like VOOT. Unless it gets advertised really well I guess.

Yes, VO4 never got a western release but it's importable for fairly cheap and region free, much like Gundam EXVS. But even taking to account VOOT already having few players we now have like what, 6 people who might play VO4 online now and then? It's strange considering VO4 has had way more japanese online players than VOOT for many years now..

90% of the time if I manage to get a VO4 match going it's two western and two japanese players, which is very friendly of the jp players considering there's usually a lot of people they could be playing low lag matches with.

If we had a few more active western players it should be possible to have matches regularly, then as people get fairly skilled at the game we could have a proper community going. I guess a weekly gathering would be the best idea for now, and we have enough people for that to potentially work.

I agree that VOOT has a lot more interesting 1v1 than this game but apart from that I think the game got a lot of undeserved flak from on this forum when it came out. I still have the impression that quite a few people bashed on it before they had proper 4 player matches, or before trying to learn the new CC system. Though around that time a lot of people were starting to have less time to play VOOT as well which is understandable.

I think there's a few good ideas for mechanics changes in VO4 actually, mainly melee being made a lot more practical and air dash attacks getting nerfed (they're still good, but using them sacrifices damage in return for the good attack vector). Not that the game isn't without it's problems, but the gameplay is fluid and an interesting change of pace from VOOT imo. But just being 2v2 makes it massively different in itself, as such it seems pointless to compare them too much.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Fallsmyer

Post by Fallsmyer »

Unfortunately, I haven't been very active in VO mostly due to work and some other major happenings on my end. If people still play Force, I'd like to start getting matches in towards the end of next week.
Palmpoa
Gamertag: Palmpoa

Post by Palmpoa »

-
Last edited by Palmpoa on 30 Jul 2016, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

16.33 (.021)
21 VR...
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Do you know how to extract the character's model and animation data for Force and/or VOOT and/or VOOM?

Some players have wanted to be able to do that for a long time but we didn't really have any experts on doing that.
Palmpoa

Post by Palmpoa »

-

16.33 (.021)
21 VR...
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

The whole game is like that so you just have to get used to it I guess. Even though there are over a hundred VRs in Force, they are more conforming to set rules and parameters, than in VOOT. So a Bal or Cypher player might be disappointed they can't have a similar VR in Force. Instead, everyone in Force is kind of like Temjin with various tweaks. So a VOOT Temjin player would probably easily adjust to any Force VR.
Palmpoa

Post by Palmpoa »

-

16.33 (.021)
21 VR...
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Several of us are probably going to be playing Force today (Saturday) though I'm not sure what time. We tend to play around from 6 pm to 10 pm PST.
Palmpoa

Post by Palmpoa »

-

16.33 (.021)
21 VR...