VO4 mentioned at Shoryuken.com!

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

VO4 mentioned at Shoryuken.com!

Post by neoKEN »

For those that don't know, Shoryuken host the largest fighting game tournament in USA, and probably the world. It's nice to see VO4 get mentioned. Show your support of VO and leave a comment!
http://shoryuken.com/content/virtual-fo ... free-2902/
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Re: VO4 mentioned at Shoryuken.com!

Post by MasterFygar »

Niiice. Shoryuken is legit. The SF fanboys saying VO isn't a fighting game are pissing me off though :roll:
ImageImage
Tet
Gamertag: Bakufuun

Post by Tet »

The thing who said it was a ''dumb down version of budokai whatever dragon ball thing'' pissed me off even more. I praise Colino for his retort.

On a note regarding the topic name, this is a sort of super port of VO3, right? MARZ is VO4 from what I've learned recently. It's just that the US didn't really have much interaction with Force, so we keep mixing it up. Am I wrong or no? Just want to get this fact straight.
Area to remain blank until I stop procrastinating.
Wait...
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

You're entirely correct. Virtual On Force is usually shown on the marquee as "Virtual On 4 Force" so it really confused people, but that's supposedly to reference the fact it is 4 player. Marz was based around the Force engine but had no true 4 player mode, was missing huge amounts of VRs, and just pretty much sucked all the way around. Since the Hikaru board was too complex to be ported at the time they had to make a crappy semi-port. At the time everyone was all excited because Marz was touted by some as a "Force port" but it's more of a spinoff that uses some random levels and aspects from the game. Force 360 looks to be everything we HOPED Marz would be.

Also, I tried to register to post, but it asked me "The final boss of Street Fighter IV is?" and I didn't feel like looking it up on Wikipedia. That's a hilarious feature of the registration though. Maybe we should make it a requirement upon registering to answer "What Virtuaroid is HBV-05-E?" or "Who was the secret midboss of the first arcade game?" :D
ImageImage
Tet

Post by Tet »

I wonder if that post might increase the Virtual On North American fanbase, though. I hope so, it'd be nice to not be the only new guy on the proverbial block. I just hope if we do get new people, they aren't of the ignorant kind like a few SF players I've seen. Luckily, they're the smaller base.

On an offside note, that registration requirement would've made me cry. The only model number I know is the MBV-707-G, and that's because it's my favorite. Going on a limb, however, I'd say it's a Raiden.

Oh, if you still want to register to post there, the final boss of SF4 is the telporting, seemingly naked, Seth. I know that because he entirely wrecked my happy train when I first played SF4.
Wait...
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Hmm, calling people ignorant is surely going to leave a good impression.
Tet

Post by Tet »

I'm not one for good impressions. Of course, I'm certain we won't be seeing any of those people soon in the Virtual On fan base. The people who fit my own personal view of ignorant aren't the type of people who would file on over from Street Fighter to Virtual On for the sake of their own ''reputation'' they believe they have. There's also the fact I did mention they were the smaller base, and that people will generally know if they're not one of those people. I've only had a prolonged contact time with two out of thousands of players, so I'll welcome anyone new. The chances are piled against those people coming over, and even if they do there's no guarantee they'll stay that way, so anyone new who comes here will start on a clean slate with me. That's not really much, considering how I might as paint Neutral Evil on my face...
Wait...
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

It's not so much about getting that not-fighting-guy to play. If I were some other guy who didn't know anything about Virtual On and I see the developing ****storm and rage (it's not that bad yet but its brewing), I wouldn't exactly feel good about getting into VO.
Tet

Post by Tet »

Ah, that's what you meant. Sorry about that, sometimes my stress with some of those people who I have to deal with constantly in real life will slip online and stir up things. I should probably just stop talking for a while so I don't spill anything else that might deter some other newcomers.
Wait...
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Guys, let's focus on the positives instead of 1 page arguing about a comment said by 1-2 guy who is ignorant to Virtual On.

Once people get to a decent level at VO, they'll soon see the errors of their ways :)

Last I check, it's at 4 pages which is amazing for a thread on a non-VO site!
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
Tet

Post by Tet »

I thought we were arguing about me acting like a jerk... Oh well, at least we have someone to state a positive. That is a good thing, though. It shows people have interest in Virtual On, so it may actually be possible that we'll see new faces other than myself and anyone else who's new that I don't know about.
Wait...
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Not you Tet.