VO: Force- A simple guide to AI (Now with Menu Translations)

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Re: VO: Force- A simple guide to AI (Now with Menu Translati

Post by Fredo »

Andarel wrote:Question: The VR names are in English on the, say, VR Viewer but in japanese on the character select screen. Is there a way to display them in English? Or is it just a matter of remembering. This isn't a problem for most VRs (Temjin, Fei-Yen and the like have it easy, and Specieneff all look radically different) but it's a real pain for the VOX and Myzr.

Thanks.
The same problem appears for the AI selection, no way to see the name in english. Fortunately you can rename them the way you want

Does anybody know what does a high "Partnership" compared to a low one ?
Same question for "Synch"

A good trick to quickly gain AI points, fight Jag' in Mission mode, 3 AI points in a minute !
By doing this a lot you'll quickly get 50pts AI partners, and unlock lots of AI/colors.
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

If you had a full-offense Jag as your partner, you'd get those 3 AI points in 10 seconds :lol:
Temjin

Post by Temjin »

thanks a lot.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Assuming this information hasn't been provided yet on other threads, this should be a nice addition to the guide.
=============================
You can control the AI using the command button (right analog stick button by default) combined with the left stick/dpad, triggers, and turbo input. I wonder if the Japanese text would show up on some of your screens.
=============================
AI commands:

command + up: Attack the leader!
「リーダーを攻撃せよ!」

command + down: Rescue dash!
「レスキューたのむ!」

command + left (or jump): Let's attack the different enemies!
「別な敵を攻撃せよ!」

command + right (or crouch): Let's attack the same enemy!
「同じ敵を攻撃せよ!」

command + left trigger: Push forward!
「突っ込め!」

command + left turbo: Stay on the defense!
「防御に徹しろ!」

command + right trigger: Roger!
「了解!」
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Those aren't AI commands, but simply text messages for your Human partner, at least from my experience- my AI partner never tried locking on to the leader when I tell him to ^^;
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

My AI partner does. I shower it with love. And AI points.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Possibly something to do with the friendship points, and partnership %?
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Shamanic is right, the orders clearly work on the AI. Also, from my testing it does not matter much, if at all, what your Partnership percentage or Friendship level is. However, on the double Jags mission the orders don't work on the AI because it has a bug on this level due to the reverse starting position of the 1P/2P Jags.

Does anyone else agree with me that Friendship is totally worthless? If it's only for Rescue Dash...well if I need to be rescued I can either order my AI buddy to rescue me, or I can Rescue Dash to him (it seems to work in reverse too, oddly enough). You could also make the AI the leader in which case Friendship seems less meaningful as well.

So you should raise all your AI with 0 Friendship and maxed out all other stats, especially considering I have noticed no drawback to the AI's performance with too high of certain other stats (for example, I worried that too much CC offense would turn the AI into a barbaric idiot, and too much CC defense might cause it to block too often and take block damage when it could dodge instead, but these things don't seem to happen). I was super mad when I realized that I raised my 80% Partnership buddy Temjin wrong!! So mad that the anger gave me the determination I needed to hack my save and bestow unto him 60 points all stats maxed.

Now I can have max Partnership, Sync Ratio, stats, and colors with everyone. :P