Quick question about the Two Mission Pack DLC

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

Quick question about the Two Mission Pack DLC

Post by The World - 2.0 »

I know that it was supposed to come out in mid-January(around this time), but I still have not seen it anywhere yet. Has anyone else noticed this? Or has it already been released and I haven't looked around enough?
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Re: Quick question about the Two Mission Pack DLC

Post by neo helbeast »

It might be japanese account only. I can't find really find anything about it besides that the achievements are already in the game(bunch of 3 and 4 pointers). So much for my completion ratio.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

It's already released. You either find them in the Japanese store, or if you've been playing Force non-stop, they'll appear under your regular account's game marketplace (under newest) as well.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

I don't have a Jap account so I cant see it on the game marketplace but is there an option ingame to download? Googlefuu reveals nothing.
The World - 2.0

neo helbeast wrote:I don't have a Jap account so I cant see it on the game marketplace but is there an option ingame to download? Googlefuu reveals nothing.
Bummer. Luckily, I just so happened to have created a secondary Japanese account when my copy of Force came in the mail(I needed one in order to activate the preorder bonus code for Fei-Yen and Angelan). So I guess that means all I have to do now is get my hands on some Japanese Microsoft Points (at least 800 to be exact) from somewhere like PlayAsia.

As for an ingame option to download, I'm not entirely sure. Although there are 2 options when you choose "Mission" on the Main Menu. The second and third choices on the first Mission Mode menu have the words "XBox Live" as the last two words while the rest of the text is in japanese. Those could be what we're looking for. But unfortunately, those two choices are blacked out for me, meaning I can't choose them right now.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."

Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

The World - 2.0 wrote:As for an ingame option to download, I'm not entirely sure. Although there are 2 options when you choose "Mission" on the Main Menu. The second and third choices on the first Mission Mode menu have the words "XBox Live" as the last two words while the rest of the text is in japanese. Those could be what we're looking for. But unfortunately, those two choices are blacked out for me, meaning I can't choose them right now.
No, those are just for joining or hosting mission mode games on xbox live as you might expect. You probably cant select them because you don't have XBL gold?
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

There are no ingame download options, AFAIK.

BTW, could MS points be used across regions? I'm under the impression that it's possible considering that we're dealing with a standardized MSP currency, unlike that of PSN where there's actual Yen/Dollar/Pound PSN cards. I mean it does seems funny if the points are region-locked and I'm seeing options to download a Japan-only DLC on my Asian account :p
The World - 2.0

guarayakha wrote:There are no ingame download options, AFAIK.
Another bummer... :(
guarayakha wrote:BTW, could MS points be used across regions? I'm under the impression that it's possible considering that we're dealing with a standardized MSP currency, unlike that of PSN where there's actual Yen/Dollar/Pound PSN cards. I mean it does seems funny if the points are region-locked and I'm seeing options to download a Japan-only DLC on my Asian account :p
Microsoft points are region-specific, I'm afraid. You can't use points from one region (like the US) to buy things from another region (like Japan). I got this bit of info from the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_ ... arketplace

schnuth

Post by schnuth »

The World - 2.0 wrote: Bummer. Luckily, I just so happened to have created a secondary Japanese account when my copy of Force came in the mail(I needed one in order to activate the preorder bonus code for Fei-Yen and Angelan). So I guess that means all I have to do now is get my hands on some Japanese Microsoft Points (at least 800 to be exact) from somewhere like PlayAsia.
I got a Memorial Box from NCSX when they restocked and was wondering exactly how to use this code. When you enter the preorder bonus code with a secondary Japanese XBL account, will the extras work when logged in with your US account? Or do you need to play with your Japanese account to access the extras?

I've played around a bit with the Japanese side of PSN on my PS3 as there are some PS1 games not available in the US store that I wanted. I had to buy a Japanese PSN points card to do this. These are available from places like NCSX or eBay. So when the DLC comes out for Force I'm sure you can find sellers with the Japanese XBL cards as well.
The World - 2.0

schnuth wrote:
The World - 2.0 wrote: Bummer. Luckily, I just so happened to have created a secondary Japanese account when my copy of Force came in the mail(I needed one in order to activate the preorder bonus code for Fei-Yen and Angelan). So I guess that means all I have to do now is get my hands on some Japanese Microsoft Points (at least 800 to be exact) from somewhere like PlayAsia.
I got a Memorial Box from NCSX when they restocked and was wondering exactly how to use this code. When you enter the preorder bonus code with a secondary Japanese XBL account, will the extras work when logged in with your US account?
The code will indeed work on your US account. :)

schnuth

Post by schnuth »

The World - 2.0 wrote: The code will indeed work on your US account. :)
Oh sweet! I thought I'd read somewhere it wouldn't. Been pretty busy this week so I haven't tried yet. I know what I'll be doing later this weekend. :) Thanks!
Beldub

Post by Beldub »

Just downloaded mission pack 3 & 4 dlc using the same dummy Japanese account I used for fetish dlc that came with game. I just bought Japanese points on eBay - got code emailed to me. Once downloaded to your HD the dlc is available to all xbox profiles - pretty straight forward.
Wiizpig
Gamertag: Wiizpig

Post by Wiizpig »

I bought the DLC too and achieved 1250/1250, so let me just say that the DLC isn't worth it at all.
The missions are very easy compared to some of the 1-2 ones and are easily doable in "Versus CPU" without using MSPoints.

My question is: are there plans for some other Force DLC that you guys know of?
Or a patch of some sort?
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Haven't heard anything from the official website.
Wiizpig
Gamertag: Wiizpig

Post by Wiizpig »

Thanks; the best thing that can happen now is a US/EUR release.
Playing versus Japanese people is not always lag-free...
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Wiizpig wrote:Thanks; the best thing that can happen now is a US/EUR release.
Playing versus Japanese people is not always lag-free...
I think releasing it region free pretty much guaranteed there'll be no US/EUR release.

Besides, getting a western release doesn't mean people here would actually play the game. Look at VOOT.