Sync Ratio?

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
Temujin

Sync Ratio?

Post by Temujin »

Hi

I have some questions regarding the Sync Ratio of VR:

-How long it takes to reach the 101% ?
When you reach the 60%, it takes ages to make 1%.

-Does the % affects the performance of the VR?
(ex. a 1% temjin will deal less damage than a 70% Temjin)
From what I experienced, it seems that VR with high Sync plays better, but it could be just me...

-Is there a way to "boost" the sync ratio?
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Re: Sync Ratio?

Post by Zaarock »

Sync ratio doesn't affect gameplay in any way and it goes up with rounds won. You just unlock an extra color scheme for the VR once the sync is 101%.

The sync ratio of the enemies you win against might affect how much it goes up, not sure. You can sort of "boost" it by playing one-match mode against Temjin 747Ts or something, but it still takes a long time to get it up.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Zaarock wrote:Sync ratio doesn't affect gameplay in any way and it goes up with rounds won. You just unlock an extra color scheme for the VR once the sync is 101%.
One question about the color scheme: when you reach 101% with one VR, does it unlock the color scheme for all the VRs, or only for the one that you reached 101% with?
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

From what I've heard, 101% sync ratio unlocks the Shadow color scheme just for that VR.

Also, you'll probably unlock all colors for all VRs before you even get a VR to 101%.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Zaarock wrote:Sync ratio doesn't affect gameplay in any way and it goes up with rounds won. You just unlock an extra color scheme for the VR once the sync is 101%.

The sync ratio of the enemies you win against might affect how much it goes up, not sure. You can sort of "boost" it by playing one-match mode against Temjin 747Ts or something, but it still takes a long time to get it up.

So it doesn't change how the VR plays?

I found this when searching cheats for Oratorio Tangram, it's somewhat related to my guess about Sync ratio in Force:
Oratorio Tangram
Virtuaroid Popularity
There is more to the Virtuaroid popularity list at the start screen besides fame. The more you use a certain Virtuaroid, the more popular it is. And the more popular it is, the better it plays. For example, if you use Apharmd B more then any other Virtuaroid, it will reach the top of the list. And Apharmd B will play better, be stronger, and faster then it usually is.
Is that true?
I played OT for ages but never noticed that.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

From my analysis of the system this is how the Sync Ratio works. It is based on the number of matches you have won. Kills don't matter, just each match won. For the Crystal/Disc gathering missions, each level/match "won" also counts as one match, so that's a decently quick way to level up. However those don't allow you to have an AI partner though so you'll waste chances to raise Partnership, which level up exactly like Sync Ratio.

From levels 0 to 10, each match won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 10 to 20, each 2 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 20 to 30, each 3 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 30 to 40, each 5 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 40 to 50, each 7 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 50 to 60, each 9 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 60 to 70, each 11 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 70 to 80, each 13 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 80 to 90, each 15 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.
From levels 90 to 100, each 17 matches won raises Sync Ratio by 1.

Currently have one AI partner at 100% Partnership but still no VR at 100% Sync Ratio. At least the leveling is faster than I originally feared.

So you need Sync Ratio 101% to unlock the final color scheme? What's the max Sync Ratio? Is it 101% or unlimited? I'm still probably going to end up hacking my Sync Ratios, or maybe just hack out the final color directly instead. I already know the save memory locations of both, but haven't bothered to change them yet.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

If anyone is interested I had about 2030 VRs destroyed (by team, don't need to do it yourself) on my kagekiyo hayashi when I got him to 101% sync ratio. But apparently it's raised by matches won like Porcupine says. Did you check if it's rounds won instead of matches though?
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

All my VRs have been exclusively raised on one round matches since I never save my online progress. I've never checked rounds vs matches but it should be very easy to check once I get back into Force again. Just make a new VR, win a 2 round match, and check if your sync ratio became 1% or 2%.

I'm avoiding Force for several months though because I want to advance in VOOT (or VOOM) again, and alternate between games. But we've got a bunch of new players coming in with Force, so if you guys ever manage to get together a party of 3 or more, I'll definitely be your 4th guy at any time if you need me.

Holy crap, 2030 wins needed for 101%?!! It only takes exactly 830 won matches (rounds?) to get to 100%. I confirmed this both according to my formula and checking my save data values directly.

So, did you notice that it took a tremendous time longer to get to 101%? Like double the entire time it took to go from 0% to 100%?
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

No no, 2030 VRs killed, not wins. if you get a "perfect" you get two added to that counter from that round. Not sure if it's related to the sync ratio though but it's another indicator to track. Yeah the last percentage takes quite a while. not going to bother trying to get the shadow color for other VRs, not worth grinding for instead of having fun with switching VRs around.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I decided to play against the AI again for a bit, so my save file progress and editing finally resumes.

Sync Ratio goes up according to matches won, not rounds. It is best to use 1-round matches, and grinding some easy Missions might be the quickest way.

Going from Sync Ratio 100% to 101% takes exactly 170 match wins. This brings the total number of match wins required to 1000 exactly. Coincidentally, this is the same number of matches it takes to go from Sync Ratio 90% to 100%.

Partnership can also hit 101% and it takes the same number of matches. However, I don't know if it does anything.

After reaching Sync Ratio 101%, you still need to successfully finish any Mission to unlock the Shadow VR color. One thing I just realized is that when you use the Shadow VR color, the color of your visor light is still the normal green (DNA) or purple (RNA). It's not red like the CPU Shadow VR have. I think red goes better with that particular color scheme, oh well.

There are still some unused colors in the save data so it's time for me to check if one of those can give us the true Shadow VR color, perhaps even with its higher damage output. And I will see if I can use giant Jaguarandi, Ajim/Guerlain, etc.