Play Asia have hori twin sticks in stock -xbox 360

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
Beldub

Play Asia have hori twin sticks in stock -xbox 360

Post by Beldub »

just in case anyone is interested. Caved in and got mine.$399 plus £60 import duty to uk.
:lol: or :(
S-Advent
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Sonic Advent

Re: Play Asia have hori twin sticks in stock -xbox 360

Post by S-Advent »

I noticed that, although I'm more of the 'controller' kind of guy, so this kind of news isn't that much important to me. But still, very cool.
I'm now VO:F ready, bring it on!
VR: All of them.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sticking with my modded arcade Twin Sticks for now. 8-)
MentholMoose
Beldub

Post by Beldub »

Just one question - I can use my twin sticks in the VOOT xbox Arcade version? - its just there's no obvious ex twin sticks option like there is in Force?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Beldub wrote:Just one question - I can use my twin sticks in the VOOT xbox Arcade version? - its just there's no obvious ex twin sticks option like there is in Force?
Yes, the TSEX is supported by XBLA VOOT. It is my understanding that when they are connected, the game automatically recognizes them and sets the configuration accordingly (similar to DC VOOT).
MentholMoose
Beldub

Post by Beldub »

Thanks for the lightening fast reply MentholMoose. Now I have all the gear - pity i have been wiped everytime I have went online, maybe the sticks will be the making of me :roll:

Pity there arent more people online but I love these games and their styling & feel regardless. Big Japanese robots just do it for me :D
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Anyone else pick these up? They are still in stock, price is now US $383.89.
Twin Stick EX [Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Force Edition]
play_asia_tsex.jpg
(18.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
MentholMoose
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

I still have these to buy :
  1. Earth Defense Force: IA
    Catherine
    OoT3D
    ReBoot: Complete Series
and some more that I'm forgetting. I need to keep my money.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Seriously, I can see why some people do this, but I just couldn't justify it. With shipping that's close to what I paid for my VOOM machine (all of it, that's two twinstick controllers!). Hell, without shipping I could use that kind of dough to buy three new arcade games. I don't know, I just can't picture ANY controller being worth that much. It would be so much cheaper to mod old ones, make a new one, or even get an arcade cab with the twinsticks built in to work with. Hell, this dude in Canada a while back tried to GIVE away a VO cab with the controllers and wiring intact, you could pick that up and use the money on one of these 3rd party controllers to buy a couple of used 360s and TVs and make your own wifi VOOT machine. I don't know, I just don't see it. You could get two of the deluxe memorial box versions of the game for this even, and those came with a ton of extras. Maybe if this came with a Jaguarandi plush, a Fei Yen pillowcase, manga versions of all the radio dramas and a CD of every VO song covered by Metallica, THEN the price would seem right by import pricing standards. But... yeah. I know it's because this is a limited run item, and that this is cheaper then it was on release, but STILL. It's the biggest crime since SEGA charged arcade ops in America 8000 big ones for a VOOM cab and then wondered why it wasn't a hit :lol:

(Of course, that's going by a new Dig Dug cab costing 400 bucks in '82, but now SSFIV:AE costs 8000 for a kit alone... the KIT, minus a cabinet! I guess there is a precedent. Either way, this inflation of new arcade stuff is what's killing the industry... ugh.)
ImageImage