E3 2015

Discuss news about video games and the game industry.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

E3 2015

Post by MentholMoose »

Anyone going? Even if you aren't working in the gaming industry there is a chance to get in. Want to Go to E3? You Might Get an Invite From Your Favorite Game Company

Has anyone heard of any plans by exhibitors to distribute the passes? Even if you do score a pass, the short notice is annoying. E3 is only a few weeks away so non-locals will have to deal with more expensive travel and lodging. Maybe they don't really want another 5,000 people showing up and adding to the crowds.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Re: E3 2015

Post by MentholMoose »

The new Transformers game looks cool. Transformers: Devastation Leaked Ahead of E3
MentholMoose
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

doom looks highly disappointing. my childhood is crying.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I've been reading some articles and it sounds like VR is going to be the big thing this year. Maybe I'll have a chance to play more VR games this year (last year the Oculus booth almost always had a huge line I didn't want to wait in, so I only played a couple of demos at other booths). Sharing HMDs that have been used by untold thousands of sweaty gamers isn't too appealing, but I do kind of want to see if there is anything good.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Anyone watching the Microsoft press conference? They just announced backwards compatibility for Xbone.
MentholMoose
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

elite controller is $150

send help, dying

I can't breathe

this is too much
ImageImage
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I wonder if you will be able to play the same backwards-compatible game online, between 360 users and One users.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

ChexGuy wrote:elite controller is $150

send help, dying

I can't breathe

this is too much
Same here but then I'm not a pro gamer.
Porcupine wrote:I wonder if you will be able to play the same backwards-compatible game online, between 360 users and One users.
I thought they said Live would work.
MentholMoose
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

MentholMoose wrote:Same here but then I'm not a pro gamer.
I can justify buying a $150 arcade stick but for some reason a $150 xbox controller makes me bust out laughing
even if it's got *paddles* and *modularity* (which is kind of cool but why isn't this **** on the standard controller)
MentholMoose wrote:I thought they said Live would work.
think they said XBLA game support was in the pipeline?
doesn't really matter to me unless they magically make 360 controllers work on the xbone
ImageImage
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Post by twistedsymphony »

the BC works by downloading a version of the game recompiled for the Xbox One... apparently anything you owned digitally will automatically be added to your library, and games that had retail discs will required the original disc for authentication (just like Xbox One games).

you can vote on which games to make BC next... like say VOOT: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/29850 ... m#comments
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

twistedsymphony wrote:you can vote on which games to make BC next... like say VOOT: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/29850 ... m#comments
I voted.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

So I got to see a decent number of games on day one.

Nintendo
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (trailer) - This looks promising. I played some doubles games and had fun. The controls are a little bit complicated which I don't mind, but it made it hard to get into in such a short time. Plus the Nintendo booth was packed and noisy so it was hard to hear anything the demo staff said.
Yoshi's Woolly World (trailer) - This also looks promising. The difficulty seems reasonable.
Star Fox Zero (trailer) - It looks cool but I didn't have a chance to play today (long lines).

Indie
SMS Racing (trailer) - It's a VR racing game with the added challenge of replying to text messages during the race. It looked pretty early and the controls were way too sensitive.
Home Improvisation (trailer, Steam) - Basically you assemble virtual Ikea furniture. Of course you don't have to follow the rules so you can make something totally bizarre instead. :D
Night in the Woods - I like the look of this one. I'll try to play it tomorrow.
Chambara (trailer) - This one looked interesting but I'm not used to playing FPS games with a control pad.

Ubisoft
Rainbow 6: Seige - This has progressed nicely since I last saw it (I played the PC alpha).

Natsume
Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories - A new Harvest Moon game and it's coming for PC.

Sega
They don't have a booth this year at all, only a private meeting room. I guess things aren't going well for them. EDIT: I guess they kind of do have a booth, if you include the Atlus booth (Sega owns Atlus).
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Here's my day two summary.

Microsoft
Strike Vector EX - Forum member commonlogik was demoing the Xbox One version of this at the Microsoft booth. Compared to the PC version, the Xbox One version will have a new campaign mode.

Indie
Curiouser & Curiouser (alt. link, video) - I thought this was really unique. The game "controller" is a hand-made Arduino-powered pop-up book.
Rockets Rockets Rockets - I played this a bit and had fun.
Battery Jam - It's reminiscent of Bomberman and quite fun!
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Oculus
EVE: Valkyrie - I scored an appointment for the Oculus Rift demo today and got a short hands-on of EVE: Valkyrie. It was pretty amazing although a little disorienting at times. The latest Rift is fairly comfortable and didn't give me any discomfort.

Activision
Skylanders SuperChargers (trailer) - I gave this a shot mainly to collect the free toy, but actually it looked interesting.

Microsoft
Forza Motorsport 6 - I waited in line to try one of the two FM6 demo setups hooked up to a motion simulator. The game looks great but the motion simulator wasn't very immersive (only simulated pitch and roll) and the wheel was pretty mediocre on the setup I got stuck with (I think Logitech brand). The other demo station had a very nice Fanatec wheel, but that station ended up being pretty much reserved for VIPs who could skip the line.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

If you're interested in Transformers Devastation, check out this video. It has some gameplay and an interview with the developers. They also confirmed it is releasing in Fall for PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, and PC!
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

This newest article suggests that Xbox One users will indeed be able to play 360 games with Xbox 360 owners. I guess this may buy the VO series another lease on life, for at least one more console generation.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/revealed-x ... 00451.html

[Xbox Live] thinks you're on a 360, so people have been asking 'hey, why are you playing Mass Effect on the 360?,' I was actually playing on the Xbox One.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Cool, thanks for the link. If they're emulating the entire Xbox 360 OS, maybe they will allow Xbox 360 controllers to work. They just need to pass-through the controller to the OS rather than emulating it.
MentholMoose
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

MentholMoose wrote:If you're interested in Transformers Devastation, check out this video. It has some gameplay and an interview with the developers. They also confirmed it is releasing in Fall for PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, and PC!
*Bumblebee dodges attack, enters witch time*
Oh, P+ :lol: Kinda bummed that only the few Autobots are playable though.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

There's a new trailer for Transformers: Devastation.

MentholMoose