Vector Strike - VOOT, VO Force & Gundam EXVSFB SoCal 4/12

Tournament info goes here!!
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Re: Vector Strike - VOOT, VO Force & Gundam EXVSFB SoCal 4/1

Post by ChexGuy »

They probably won't update them at this point.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

neoKEN wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
neoKEN wrote:Great matches! Who is Torin? I don't recall playing that Raiden before.
Torin is actually StarPlatinum87.
Given the lack of good western Raiden players, that was the conclusion I came to after asking the question. Odd that he would use Torin instead of the name we usually known him online as.
Torin is his real name.
neoKEN wrote:Who is Tex? I only slightly recall one girl Cypher player who was trying out Virtual On and she played Halo.
I'm not sure but I think Schooly D knows her.
MentholMoose
Ezara
Gamertag: ezara

Post by Ezara »

Can't wait for the next one! It was fun practicing before they started. Really wish I got a few games against you Kirk. Sort of funny. I don't remember names or faces, but once I played some people I remembered them.

Damn I want those hori twin sticks now.
temjinalpha
Gamertag: temjinalpha78

Post by temjinalpha »

wanted to post sooner but i got really sick on Monday..... stupid flue.

just wanted to thank everyone for coming out to the event! i hope you guys had fun. all the matches will be uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/user/IEBattleGrounds soon but for now you can find the archives here:

Part 1 http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/b/519384778
Part 2 http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/b/519430390

challonge when down so with the help of Kapwan we did them on TIO Pro offline, once i get the files from him i will update the online brackets.

i also wanted to run a second Vector Strike event within this year. and possibly have even more time to advertise it and get the word out.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

If you do it again, I will totally come out for the weekend for it. From Florida
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Ezara wrote:Can't wait for the next one! It was fun practicing before they started. Really wish I got a few games against you Kirk. Sort of funny. I don't remember names or faces, but once I played some people I remembered them.
Let's play online sometime.
Ezara wrote:Damn I want those hori twin sticks now.
Do you have DC Twin Sticks? Those are easy to mod.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

ChexGuy wrote:They probably won't update them at this point.
The VOOT bracket is on Facebook now. For reference it is attached here, too.
vector_strike_apr_12_voot_bracket.jpg
MentholMoose
Ezara
Gamertag: ezara

Post by Ezara »

MentholMoose wrote:
Ezara wrote:Can't wait for the next one! It was fun practicing before they started. Really wish I got a few games against you Kirk. Sort of funny. I don't remember names or faces, but once I played some people I remembered them.
I was just online. found no one on both ranked and normal games. did some single player. about to jump on d3. added a bunch of people from the forums though.
MentholMoose wrote:
Ezara wrote:Damn I want those hori twin sticks now.
Do you have DC Twin Sticks? Those are easy to mod.
I bought a set of saturn sticks from tommy. problem is they slide around on my desk. Don't think DC sticks will be that different. maybe I need to find a twin stick clamp or something.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Ezara wrote:I bought a set of saturn sticks from tommy. problem is they slide around on my desk. Don't think DC sticks will be that different. maybe I need to find a twin stick clamp or something.
A clamp is a common solution. Another solution I heard recently from VOTwinstick (he was at the tournament with the cool custom DC sticks) is to coat the stick base with liquid electrical tape. When dry it is quite sticky and it should stick to the desk well. It's very cheap and can easily be reapplied when it wears out. Another solution he suggested is to add some weights to the stick.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Ezara wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
I was just online. found no one on both ranked and normal games. did some single player. about to jump on d3. added a bunch of people from the forums though.
It's hard to find random games. It's best to set something up beforehand (forum, Facebook, email, text, whatever).
MentholMoose
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

Gonna post this here since I didn't want to spam up the Summer Jam thread with too much Vector Strike talk:
Porcupine wrote:I looked at the stream chat for a few seconds but then I ignored it. One thing that bothers me about video streams or uploads is that I rarely think the video quality is acceptable. Other people said the stream was better for them but I rarely got more than 10 frames/sec, with low resolution and a lot of MPEG artifacts.

I wish all uploads were 60 frames/sec.
I was getting straight 60 frames during Vector Strike, dunno what happened with you. There was some stuttering during VO4 so I had to switch the quality from 'Source' to 'High' (30 frames only), but during VOOT I was watching at Source quality with no hitches.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

temjinalpha wrote:just wanted to thank everyone for coming out to the event! i hope you guys had fun. all the matches will be uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/user/IEBattleGrounds soon...
The streamed matches were indeed uploaded to Youtube so go check them out!
MentholMoose