Hey let's share what we are playing lately - besides VO, of course. :D
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: What are you playing?

Post by MentholMoose »

I recently finished Mercenary Kings. It's available on Steam and PS4 but I'm playing on the former since I don't have a PS4. The style is like Metal Slug but it has weapon crafting. I played it a ton and had a lot of fun with it.

I just started playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, also on Steam, although it is available for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, etc. I like Mario Kart style games but don't want to buy a Wii U now (maybe I'd consider it for around $150). Anyway this Sonic game is fun so far and it runs smoothly at 1080p on my HTPC (AMD A10-7850K APU, GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H mobo).
MentholMoose
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Post by ChexGuy »

I've mostly been trying to get better at Skullgirls. I just finished episode one of Penny Arcade Adventures, though I'm a little disappointed in it (and the newer comics but that's another story).

Once the PS3 is fixed I'll probably be playing Extreme Vs Full Boost a little bit.

I don't think I really play a single game for extended periods anymore. Not because of a lack of time, but because of a lack of focus.
ImageImage
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Right now I'm playing Astebreed, Cave Story+ and Kero Blaster. Astebreed is an interesting japanese mech-shooter that combines shmup mechanics with a melee system and special attacks. Really flashy graphics etc but it sort of goes against the game sometimes (it shouldn't be so difficult to tell what's going on in a shmup, and you also have regenerating health), not really sure what I think of the game yet until I play it a bit more.

Replaying Cave Story because I hadn't touched it in many years and Kero Blaster is a successor that just came out.

I should be putting more time into VOOT if I want to keep improving, but just playing it in the weekly meet is a lot of fun so I'll just make sure I show up for those.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

I was gonna pick up Astebreed sooner or later, I've played Ether Vapor and Fairy Bloom Freesia (made by the same doujin circle) and they're both really good.

Still haven't beaten Hell in Cave Story, I'm pretty terrible with the booster.

Speaking of doujin games, there's a pretty damn good selection on Steam for decent prices. I bought Croixleur Sigma at full price and it's worth it.
ImageImage
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Since I saw that most of the other people on my friend's list were playing free Saints Row 3 (in place of VOOT or other games) and it looked like an okay game to me, I decided to play it too. So I moved my xbox 360 back offline and missed one of aniking's VOOT nights, I'm hoping to finish and be back for next weekend.

I've been looking to play VOOT much more often but it's too hard to find people to play with when I'm awake so I reluctantly decided to gear down my hours instead of gear up. It's possible to improve quite fast in that mode as well, but it wasn't the optimal time for me.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Post by twistedsymphony »

I just finished Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, I still need to clean up some of the achievements.

I've also started playing Killer Instinct again (the new one)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

As mentioned in my E3 2014 thread I've been playing Broforce (the PC version). But I noticed that Valiant Hearts was released so I picked up the PC version for $14.99. It looked like a 2D platform game but it is more puzzle and story oriented. I finished it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it! The reviews are favorable - here are a couple:

Valiant Hearts review: medal of honor
Valiant Hearts: The Great War review: Friends in low places
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Valiant Hearts reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles a little.

If people are wondering why I disappeared online, I've been playing Stupid Street Fighter 4 the last couple weeks. Since it was free. I can't stand this game though, the combo system makes me sick, and you have to complete all combos with all characters in Trial mode to get all the Achievements. I will probably give up in the end, but I'm still playing because I have been managing to barely do all the combos for the characters I recognize so far. Good thing I'm playing Stupid Fighter 4 on a different gamertag since I'll probably abandon the game.
DarkraiZero
Gamertag: Darkrai100234

Post by DarkraiZero »

I been practicing Blazblue Chronophantasma mostly as I will be entering my first major very soon. Been playing Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle and soon will be playing Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost.
@ChexGuy- What do you play Skullgirls on? Would be up for a few matches sometime?
OMG: Apharmd, Temjin, Bal-Bas-Bow
VOOT: Temjin, Bal-Bados
VO4: Specineff 13 The Sin
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

I have it on Steam. My brother was going to pick it up on PSN eventually, and since we share a PS3 I'd be able to play it even though I have a Japanese PSN for Gundam.

I don't have my ports forwarded though, so the connection is incredibly choppy and the PS3 wasn't set up properly so the connection stopped working.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I got into the closed beta of The Crew (PC version) so I've been playing it a bit. I played a couple races during E3 and didn't really understand what was going on, but after putting a couple hours into the beta I'm starting to like it. The plot pretty much could be from the Fast and Furious, and there are crazy challenges reminiscent of the newer iterations of that series. I played a bit on my HTPC with a control pad and it runs okay, but I need to try playing on my dedicated gaming PC with a steering wheel.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I just finished So Many Me (PC version). I got 100% completion in-game and collected all the achievements, although initially I found the game frustrating and nearly gave up. I didn't like the controls at all, especially when trying any difficult jumps. The peaceful, relaxed music got very annoying when I was struggling so much with some task.

I stuck with it for a little while and quickly unlocked an option which actually makes the controls much easier! It really improved my enjoyment of the game, and to be honest I think the devs made a mistake to not include it as an option from the beginning. Without this option I likely would have quit. With the simplified controls I could actually relax more and enjoy the game, and I even like the music now. There are still some very difficult parts of the game, but at least I stopped dying from slightly missing the timing of button presses.

I definitely recommend this game, with the caveat that you might suffer with the controls until you can unlock the option to fix them. There are challenging puzzles and bosses, the graphics are good, and it's quite fun to play. It also doesn't have unnecessarily graphic violence, so I can actually play it with my daughter around.
MentholMoose
grifter

Post by grifter »

4000+ hrs in and I still can't tear myself away from tf2.

Games I want to play:
Mass Effect - bought it from steam 2 years ago :o
Gundam vs FB - spent a little time on it but can't dedicate more time than it deserves. the gameplay is much different than vs NEXT
Amnesia - bought it from steam 4 years ago :o :o
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Cool, TF2 is really good, though I haven't played lately. Welcome to the forum!
MentholMoose
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Just recently Plat'd Drakengard3, DLCs included. Previously plat'd the Japanese version, but playing through the game again in English is still a fresh experience due to the crazy story.

That and a freaky experience that is P.T.

I found myself spending more time playing with plastic toys lately though... :oops:
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

you seem to like orange robots :oops:
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Ha! Wait till you see my R.W.B.Y. ones! :P