Deals thread

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Deals thread

Post by Porcupine »

Announcing a better, more flexible eBay Bucks.

Starting on January 1, 2017 some new eBay Bucks changes will be taking effect and we'd like to share them with you.

• Base earnings are changing from 2% to 1%, now with more ways than ever to earn eBay Bucks.

Wow! Hehe. :mrgreen:
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Oh it's "better", huh? :lol:

Well it's not too bad unless you buy a lot on eBay. I only ever accumulate a meaningful eBay Bucks balance by taking advantage of promotions (6-10%). Like today and tomorrow there is a 8% promo.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I tried to get the PS4 slim from Gamestop on black friday for $150 but it was sold out. The PS4 slim at $200 never sold out at other stores, they all have stacks.

I just bought a PS4 pro from Gamestop on the current sale for $350 (comes with free Star Wars Battlefront II which I'll probably sell). The Virtual On Index playable demo comes out this week, but I'll let other players try the demo first before opening my PS4 pro. I can still return it unopened.

I tried to buy the PS VR bundle with Gran Turismo but Amazon is sold out, and stupid Walmart won't honor their online $199 price (even though it's also in-store). They all have it at $450 and won't price match or do anything. I visited three Walmarts, damn them all. I may buy that bundle from another store tomorrow for $200, assuming it doesn't sell out. I'm guessing it won't since every store except Walmart has that price.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The PS VR bundle looks to still be in stock elsewhere, and Amazon says it will be in stock December 20.

PlayStation VR - Gran Turismo Sport Bundle (Best Buy) - $199.99
PlayStation VR - Gran Turismo Sport Bundle (Costco) - $194.99
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I went back and got a PS VR bundle from Gamestop for $200. I also got their free version Rewards card which appears to give 1% back on all purchases, unfortunately it does not work retroactively for my PS VR and PS4 Pro purchases. (It should, because I could in theory return these and buy them again).

Best Buy was sold out of PS VR, but with every store having the official $200 price I think it will be available somewhere for everyone. The sale is supposed to end on Dec 16 so amazon's restock may come too late. I didn't know Costco had it cheaper. Walmart might still be the cheapest for me because I get 5% cash back there this winter, but they don't have the correct price.

I heard that glasses can scratch up the PS VR so I'm not sure what I'll do about that. I don't know if it's worth buying one of those lens protection accessories that people have rigged up. I might just try to be careful with it and hope not to cause damage. It may help to have a small head and small glasses that fit close to the face. I wonder if you just pop the built-in "farsighted" lens out, will the PS VR then work for nearsighted people without glasses?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The PS4 "Discipline 55" set has dropped in price on eBay and is now cheaper than the preorder I had at AmiAmi which they cancelled.

A Certain Magical Virtual-On Discipline 55 - $99.16 (free SAL shipping, or EMS for $22)
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - $1

This upgrades your remaining Gold subscription for $1.
MentholMoose