JPN VO site survey - English ver./Guide?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Jumbo

JPN VO site survey - English ver./Guide?

Post by Jumbo »

Hello everyone, I apologize for not formally introducing myself in the proper forum first but there's something kind of time sensitive that I'd like to mention. On top of that, I would not only appreciate each members opinion on this but could also use some help/feedback with it too.

Having read the updates and having been lurking here for the past month or so, once news of the Japanese Survey up on the official site came up, I decided to put my degree in Japanese to use and have hammered out a translation of the entire 5 page survey. Before I post it somewhere though, I guess I figured I would post here and gauge interest before polishing it up.

It will basically be a straight translation/guide to allow you to fill in the corresponding Japanese equivalent. Thankfully, the Japanese survey numbered everything, so all you would have to do is match the number of your english selection to the Japanese equivalent.

For example:

1-5) Please indicate your first experience with a Virtual On title

1. Cyber Troopers Virtual On Operation Moongate/OMG (1995~)
2. Sega Saturn Version - Cyber Troopers Virtual On (1996~)
3. Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram (1998~)
4. Dreamcast Version - Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram (1999~)
5. Cyber Troopers Virtual On Force (2001~)
6. Cyber Troopers Virtual On Marz (2003~)
7. PS2 Version - Cyber Troopers Virtual On (2007~)
8. I've never played any of these games

You'd basically just match the Japanese Question 1-5) and then in the selection bar, select the number of the title you played. (So in my case, I would select 1.) This way you can still answer the survey and contribute your opinion.

There are some open ended questions on the survey though, and hence why I would also appreciate every forum members help in compiling a brief list of selections for the various questions given. I will do my best to translate your request into legible Japanese and then as you fill out the survey, you can just "copy-paste" your Japanese equivalent into the corresponding box.

I'm hoping this doesn't become too lengthy of a process but if nothing else, would like to at least get a "top five" responses going if too many choices do come up.

The following are the open ended questions I would like your input on:
1-12) What other "Robot/Mecha Games" do you play?
ex. Super Robot Wars, Armored Core, Various Gundam games, Z.O.E.
1-13) What genera of games (aside from "Robot/Mecha Games") do you play?
4-6) In regards to question 4-5), could you give any examples of what type of new Virtual On game you'd like to see?
4-7) Aside from an action based Virtual On Game, are there any other styles of game play that you would like to see done within the Virtual On Universe?
5-6) For those of you who have played a Super Robot Wars title with Virtualoids making an appearance, how was your experience playing the game?
5-8) What other type of secondary Virtual On (related) merchandise would you be interested in seeing?
ex: "I'd simply like to see the XBLA 5.66 get a US/EU release" or "I'd like a USB adapter for my Dreamcast/Saturn Twinsticks" or "I'd like completely new Twin Stick controllers for the XBLA version." ;)

In an effort to try and get this all posted so people can begin taking the survey, I'd like to take submissions through this weekend and hopefully post a final version on Monday for everyone to get started on.

Thanks in advance for reading all this, especially coming from someones first post. -_-;

Otherwise, simply laugh at my futility and let this thread sink to the bottom of the forums and be forgotten.

That's it.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Re: JPN VO site survey - English ver./Guide?

Post by Knoxximus »

Welcome aboard, Jumbo. You are awesome for doing this. :mrgreen:
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Jumbo wrote:Hello everyone, I apologize for not formally introducing myself in the proper forum first but there's something kind of time sensitive that I'd like to mention. On top of that, I would not only appreciate each members opinion on this but could also use some help/feedback with it too.
Welcome!!
Jumbo wrote:Having read the updates and having been lurking here for the past month or so, once news of the Japanese Survey up on the official site came up, I decided to put my degree in Japanese to use and have hammered out a translation of the entire 5 page survey. Before I post it somewhere though, I guess I figured I would post here and gauge interest before polishing it up.

It will basically be a straight translation/guide to allow you to fill in the corresponding Japanese equivalent. Thankfully, the Japanese survey numbered everything, so all you would have to do is match the number of your english selection to the Japanese equivalent.
Sounds like a cool idea! Here goes...
1-12) What other "Robot/Mecha Games" do you play?
None. ;)
1-13) What genera of games (aside from "Robot/Mecha Games") do you play?
Puzzle, shooters, FPS, racing sims.
4-6) In regards to question 4-5), could you give any examples of what type of new Virtual On game you'd like to see?
True arcade sequel to VOOT, with US release. 2 player, fast action, etc.
4-7) Aside from an action based Virtual On Game, are there any other styles of game play that you would like to see done within the Virtual On Universe?
Card battle, or dating sim!! :lol: Kidding... I just don't have an answer for this.
5-6) For those of you who have played a Super Robot Wars title with Virtualoids making an appearance, how was your experience playing the game?
Didn't play it.
5-8) What other type of secondary Virtual On (related) merchandise would you be interested in seeing?
USB Twin Sticks compatible with Xbox 360 and PS3 (if a VO game will be released on it). Posters. Grys-Vok models. Official tournament DVDs with more match footage (not three rounds like WATC), from tournaments throughout VO history.
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Don't forget we'll also take USB to Saturn/DC adapters for the 360 as well to use existing twin sticks! :mrgreen:
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Everyone might as well just follow through and answer the survey on Sega's site themselves.

I already did it, even though my Japanese literacy is rudimentary at best and I just answered the open-ended stuff in English.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:Don't forget we'll also take USB to Saturn/DC adapters for the 360 as well to use existing twin sticks! :mrgreen:
Sega would need permission from Microsoft, since they have the Xbox 360 locked down. I doubt MS would go for it.
MentholMoose
DarK-SuN

Post by DarK-SuN »

Welcome aboard, Jumbo, and thanks for doing this! :D
GamerTag: Ichimoto
VOOM: Apharmd and Raiden VR Pilot
VOOT: Apharmd B, Apharmd C and Raiden VR Pilot
MARZ: Apharmd J, APJ AC, Apharmd HATTER and Raiden VR Pilot
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

MentholMoose wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:Don't forget we'll also take USB to Saturn/DC adapters for the 360 as well to use existing twin sticks! :mrgreen:
Sega would need permission from Microsoft, since they have the Xbox 360 locked down. I doubt MS would go for it.
Considering that there's already a prototype twinstick for the 360, in untold numbers... (we've heard of one confermed, though i'd assume there are more for playtesting purposes) the odds increase greatly. Still not that good, but better ^^;;;
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
Considering that there's already a prototype twinstick for the 360, in untold numbers... (we've heard of one confermed, though i'd assume there are more for playtesting purposes) the odds increase greatly. Still not that good, but better ^^;;;
MS would certainly allow a controller, but I doubt they'd allow an adapter to use some old controller for another system.
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

MentholMoose wrote:
I dunno...Sega and Microsoft have been in the bed together now for a looooooong time... 8-)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
I dunno...Sega and Microsoft have been in the bed together now for a looooooong time... 8-)
Even so, I don't see it happening. There are no official controller adapters for Xbox 360, let alone any other console (such a thing may exist, but they are very uncommon at least in an "official" capacity). There are too many downsides from Microsoft's perspective. Neither Saturn or DC Twin Sticks have enough buttons for the full Xbox 360 experience. The Saturn Twin Sticks don't even have enough buttons to play the game properly! There are branding concerns. These three issues cause confusion for users, which Microsoft doesn't want.

Allowing such a device is tantamount to admitting their console is lacking in some way (it lacks a proper peripheral). If an adapter was created, what other controllers might be able to be used? For this last one, MS really cares about what controllers are used with the Xbox 360 considering the security they've implemented, so allowing a Twin Stick adapter opens up a huge can of worms that MS doesn't want to deal with. It's really lame, but unfortunately it doesn't look good for any official solution to Xbox 360 Twin Sticks.
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

except for, of course, a pure set of 360 twin sticks you mean?

Which would still offer full functionallity, and could be used with various other games too, so yay for money opportunities.

Err, I mean, yay for twinstick possibilities.

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:except for, of course, a pure set of 360 twin sticks you mean?

Which would still offer full functionallity, and could be used with various other games too, so yay for money opportunities.

The game is days away with no update about Twin Sticks, which I don't think is a good sign.
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:except for, of course, a pure set of 360 twin sticks you mean?

The game is days away with no update about Twin Sticks, which I don't think is a good sign.
it isn't but like i said, unless batches had been pre-produced, there would be no way for them to be ready due to the reletively short deadline they had set for themselves.

Untill sega says "no" i'm holding out some hope. Not much maybe, but some.

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:it isn't but like i said, unless batches had been pre-produced, there would be no way for them to be ready due to the reletively short deadline they had set for themselves.
If they were producing them, they should at least announce it. Fans are clamoring for them, after all. Also, the Dreamcast Twin Sticks were announced two months before the game released in Japan.
Testament/Seven7 wrote:Untill sega says "no" i'm holding out some hope. Not much maybe, but some.
Yeah me, too. There's always hope! :)
MentholMoose
Jumbo

Survey is live, please give it a shot.

Post by Jumbo »

I've finished up the survey. if you're still interested in letting Japan know how you feel about the franchise and where it should go from here, please take the time to fill out the survey.

I've tried to make it as painless as possible, hopefully it doesn't take anyone very long.

Also, please feel free to spread the survey to any other VO fans in other forums or sites. Let's let them know that we want a worldwide release of 5.66!

That, and thanks again for taking the time to fill out the survey!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Survey is live, please give it a shot.

Post by MentholMoose »

Jumbo wrote:I've finished up the survey. if you're still interested in letting Japan know how you feel about the franchise and where it should go from here, please take the time to fill out the survey.

I've tried to make it as painless as possible, hopefully it doesn't take anyone very long.

Also, please feel free to spread the survey to any other VO fans in other forums or sites. Let's let them know that we want a worldwide release of 5.66!

That, and thanks again for taking the time to fill out the survey!
Very nice, and helpful for doing the survey. Thanks!!
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Jumbo welcome! I'll gladly take this survey man. Count me in!

Wow! That was so great. I highly advise every person here to take that survey. This is what Capcom did with SF...and brought it back in full power...we can help bring VO back to the top, guys. It does take awhile...not gonna lie, but it'll be worth it for sure.
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

sincerely thank you for the translation. It is done.
Gasaraki

Post by Gasaraki »

Did my part too =)