Tips and Secrets/Easter Eggs for 5.66 XBLA

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
wraith88

Tips and Secrets/Easter Eggs for 5.66 XBLA

Post by wraith88 »

Hey everyone - I'm a long time lurker and first-time poster. I did a quick search of the topics but I hadn't seen this posted yet (apologies if it has been already)... so anyways here's a link to the "Special" section of Sega's official VOOT 360 page containing tips and easter eggs:

http://vo-ot360.sega.jp/special.html

and here's a quick and dirty web translation of the page:

http://74.125.39.132/translate_c?hl=en& ... xrQEs3_X2Q

enjoy!
Long Shadow

Re: Tips and Secrets/Easter Eggs for 5.66 XBLA

Post by Long Shadow »

Welcome Wraith.

Nice find.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Indeed...welcome Wraith. Glad you decided to join us. :) Nice find as well.
"Nuh uh uh"
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

welcome, and thanks a lot. Very useful!
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
DarK-SuN

Post by DarK-SuN »

Welcome aboard and thanks. :)
GamerTag: Ichimoto
VOOM: Apharmd and Raiden VR Pilot
VOOT: Apharmd B, Apharmd C and Raiden VR Pilot
MARZ: Apharmd J, APJ AC, Apharmd HATTER and Raiden VR Pilot
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Here's a breakdown of the unlockables:

AJIM
Fight against AJIM in arcade mode with any settings. To make AJIM appear in arcade mode, you have to play "cheap" during the first several matches and get timeout victories. You don't have to defeat AJIM once he appears. Once AJIM is unlocked, it will appear on the VR selection screen. AJIM is pretty useless as a playable character, but I have found it somewhat useful to practice against AJIM in training mode.

Prototype Temjin
Beat arcade mode with Temjin, with any settings. On the DC version you had to do it without continuing, but I don't know about the Xbox 360 version. Once Prototype Temjin is unlocked, to select it in on the VR selection screen, do the following: highlight Temjin and press X, highlight Random and press X, highlight Raiden and press X twice, highlight Bal-Series and press X twice, highlight Angelan and press X twice, highlight Grys-Vok and press X three times, and finally select Temjin. There will be an audible confirmation when you do this correctly. If X is mapped to a weapon, I think you press whatever is mapped to left turbo. I don't know the modes this VR is allowed in.

Prototype Raiden
Beat arcade mode with Raiden, with any settings. On the DC version you had to do it without continuing, but I don't know about the Xbox 360 version. Once Prototype Raiden is unlocked, to select it in on the VR selection screen, do the following: highlight Apharmd B and press X, highlight Apharmd S and press X, highlight Dordray and press X twice, highlight Specineff and press X twice, highlight Fei-Yen KN and press X twice, highlight Cypher and press X three times, and finally select Raiden. There will be an audible confirmation when you do this correctly. If X is mapped to a weapon, I think you press whatever is mapped to left turbo. I don't know the modes this VR is allowed in.

I haven't unlocked the prototypes yet, so I'm going by what the official site says. I'll see if I can unlock them tonight to confirm, or if anyone has unlocked them already let me know.
MentholMoose
djSyndrome

Post by djSyndrome »

Once unlocked, AJIM can be selected by holding LB and RB on Random at the VR select screen. For MP matches he/she/it just shows up in the list of VRs, bottom of the left column.

Also, LB and RB change the music in multiplayer lobbies ;)
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Does anybody know what the "Color Eyedropper customization features" are?

I get the impression that it's for copying colors, and has something to do with using the right stick, but all the right stick does is rotate the model.

Google/Excite translations don't really help, so any help would be great. Thanks.
Gasaraki

Post by Gasaraki »

Go to the palette box and click the right stick, that will pick up the currently selected color. Click it again to drop it.
wraith88

Post by wraith88 »

Might be a typo in the "Special" section, but for me the eyedropper function is definitely activated/deactivated by clicking the LEFT STICK instead of the right stick.
wraith88

Post by wraith88 »

Long Shadow wrote:Does anybody know what the "Color Eyedropper customization features" are?

I get the impression that it's for copying colors, and has something to do with using the right stick, but all the right stick does is rotate the model.

Google/Excite translations don't really help, so any help would be great. Thanks.

Yes this is used to match up the colors of different parts of your VR

Ok so,
1. Choose a Part and/or Detail of the VR you wish to customize
2. Go to Palette and choose the color you like
3. Activate the eyedropper (for me it's by clicking the left stick). The eyedropper will change to the color you selected
4. Now exit Palette and go choose a different part/detail you wish to color match with your selected color
5. Go back and select palette again, click the eyedropper again and - voila - your new part is now color-matched
commonlogik

Post by commonlogik »

LORD! I was thinking there must be an easy way to copy colors - I've been doing it the hard way (i.e. 5 clicks on the right bumper, 5 taps UP on the D-pad... =P). Thanks for this.

Oh, and for an old school SEGA touch, when you load up the game, hold the A button - when the SEGA logo appears, instead of the synthesized robotic "presented by SEGA", you'll get the old skool "SEEEEG-GAAAH" audio intro. =)
"My style? You can call it the... the art of fighting without fighting." -- Bruce Lee, Enter The Dragon
Gasaraki

Post by Gasaraki »

wraith88 wrote:Might be a typo in the "Special" section, but for me the eyedropper function is definitely activated/deactivated by clicking the LEFT STICK instead of the right stick.
Yeah you're right it's the left stick, I got mixed up.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Thanks wraith88/Gasaraki. They (Sega) could have told us earlier, before we went doing it the stupid (hard) way.
wraith88

Post by wraith88 »

Long Shadow wrote:They (Sega) could have told us earlier, before we went doing it the stupid (hard) way.
Yeah I don't think it would have been a significant drain of resources on Sega's part to do a translation into english of the tips and techniques for this release on their official non-Japanese websites, but given their traditional support of Virtual On outside of Japan maybe we shouldn't be too surprised :roll: