Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Oolong

Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by Oolong »

To take an idea from srk, I think a thread like this could be useful. Not that I'd want to necessarily call anyone out for a bad game since disconnects have no real consequence, but a good game thread may help build the community.

I had some great matches with neoken360 via the irc channel over at efnet. It was fun trying some cc, but Grys obviously isn't equipped to deal with AphB in that department. At any rate, we had some great matches.

Bad may be misleading, but I have finally been bitched at by a player named Shadow Sheldon. I was using Angelan at the time, and after I beat him, he called me a cheater, and told me to use someone else. Interestingly enough, I saw a thread devoted to this guy at gamefaqs, so I should probably leave him be ;)
GT: Gekirou
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by Knoxximus »

What was his record/rank?
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

I've seen that Shadow Sheldon guy. Been trying to get a match with him since he's got good ping. Maybe I'll avoid him now.

Anyway, good idea with this thread. I've been thinking about setting up a Post-game Thread of sorts where you can talk about the matches you had that night, but it looks like you've beaten me to it!
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

Good games today to Schooly_D, neoKEN, infinite se7en, and baddudestryker! I didn't get a chance to play with you, velocity7 :-(

The rest of you guys, invite me to your XBL Party and Let's Voot.
Oolong

Post by Oolong »

Schooly D wrote:I've seen that Shadow Sheldon guy. Been trying to get a match with him since he's got good ping. Maybe I'll avoid him now.

Anyway, good idea with this thread. I've been thinking about setting up a Post-game Thread of sorts where you can talk about the matches you had that night, but it looks like you've beaten me to it!
I'm pretty sure he was some sergeant, but his win/loss was pretty bad. Match wasn't terrible, but I can do without the whining.
GT: Gekirou
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Oolong wrote:Bad may be misleading, but I have finally been bitched at by a player named Shadow Sheldon.
I've played against him, too. In one match he missed with a surfing ram so I did a jump cancel and hit him with a standing RW. He sent me a message saying that I had no honor shooting him in the back like that. :roll:

I got a message from a Japanese player once, which of course I can't read. I'm kind of curious about what it says, especially since I don't remember the match at all.

As far as good matches go, I always have fun against Zaarock. The 7 hour time difference sucks, though.
MurderDeathKill

Post by MurderDeathKill »

DeepInTheHops wrote:I got a message from a Japanese player once, which of course I can't read. I'm kind of curious about what it says, especially since I don't remember the match at all.
Try running it through Google translate. The one time I got a message from a Japanese player, it translated to "THANK YOU PLAY." So it might just be the guy saying GG.

I also laughed at the translation. That silly Google.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Good games last night. Button masing Balbas FTW ;). I'm still figuring out BalBas.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Had my first 2 online matches just a while ago. While I can't tell much about the Angelan battle since I'm not sure if it was bad connection, but she could barely hit me at all (or maybe that's because I was fizzing around above her as Cypher :p), but the player match against a 10/80 was awesome, I mean, instead of relying on his RW/LW as his main offense, he was incredibly skillful with Dash CCs; caught me off guard quite a couple of time. Though I was lucky enough to be using Bal, so I shot him in the back with some half-reflect lasers >_< I'm such a jerk, haha.
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

x DoomHunter x always makes me feel like I'm playing Radiant Silvergun with the amount of stuff he throws out with Angelan. It always catches me off guard because I just never get it in my head to use the terrain to my advantage so I try and dodge all of it only to get nicked by stuff here and there. Definitely a work out, hehe.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

VR-Eli wrote:x DoomHunter x always makes me feel like I'm playing Radiant Silvergun with the amount of stuff he throws out with Angelan.
He crushed me the few times I played against him. I used to think Fei was the hardest VR to land a hit on, not anymore (for Specineff, at least).

Had fun trying, though. :)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Good games DeepInTheHops, DooM, and velocity7! Also in our party was Torin, a Raiden player from the SHGL days!! I'd still be playing except my Internet connection went out! :cry:
MentholMoose
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

MentholMoose wrote:Good games DeepInTheHops, DooM, and velocity7! Also in our party was Torin, a Raiden player from the SHGL days!! I'd still be playing except my Internet connection went out! :cry:
Why does this keep happening?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Schooly D wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:Good games DeepInTheHops, DooM, and velocity7! Also in our party was Torin, a Raiden player from the SHGL days!! I'd still be playing except my Internet connection went out! :cry:
Why does this keep happening?
There is something semi-broken on my ISP's network, and they are having a hard time finding and fixing it. :( It's driving me crazy!
MentholMoose
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

Don't they know who you are?!

Anyway, had some great games tonight. Kuroilupin and I kept going the distance and Sasuraigar (I don't think he's on this forum but I know some of you have played him) rattled me with his Fei-Yen.

Someone did ragequit against me, though. SicilianMinx is his gamertag. I took the first round and when I hit him with a RTCW (which I have affectionately named "The Gamechanger") in the second round, he promptly disconnected. Too bad -- one less person to join the community.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

MentholMoose wrote:Good games DeepInTheHops, DooM, and velocity7!
Thanks for annihilating me, everybody! :D You guys are a lot better than the random people I play in ranked matches (where I spend most of my time).

My only gripe was that my match against velocity7 was really laggy (despite having 2 or 3 bars); it was pretty hard to play. I lost my XBLA connection right after the match and had to restart my router, so it must have been something on my end.
Schooly D wrote:Someone did ragequit against me, though. SicilianMinx is his gamertag. I took the first round and when I hit him with a RTCW (which I have affectionately named "The Gamechanger") in the second round, he promptly disconnected. Too bad -- one less person to join the community.
That GT is familiar, I know I've played against that guy a few times. I don't remember having any problems, although I don't remember the matches at all really.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Eh, you can't blame him too much, Cypher's RTCW is quite annoying. Actually I find it is useful as a reminder to stay around mid-range. :) Plus it's quite fun to see it sail over my head with no effort spent avoiding it!
MentholMoose
Kuroilupin

Post by Kuroilupin »

Schooly D wrote:Don't they know who you are?!

Anyway, had some great games tonight. Kuroilupin and I kept going the distance and Sasuraigar (I don't think he's on this forum but I know some of you have played him) rattled me with his Fei-Yen.

Someone did ragequit against me, though. SicilianMinx is his gamertag. I took the first round and when I hit him with a RTCW (which I have affectionately named "The Gamechanger") in the second round, he promptly disconnected. Too bad -- one less person to join the community.

Yeah Schooly D, that was some good matches we had yesterday.......Straight up RAWWW!
I also versed sandsfel....good matches also with him too.....and a bunch of JPN players to finish off the night.

But yeah, about the ragequit...someone also did the same to me after the 4th/5th match....and had the NERVE to say that I was so-called "unsporting" and "Aggressive"......COME-ON NOW!

I mean, define me what "Unsporting" or being "TOO Aggressive" is in VOOT.
I am respectful to all players, and if I did something wrong, then let me know.
Otherwise...their inmature b/c I stole their precious wins....LOL..^_^
"You do what you gotta do!"
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

MentholMoose wrote:Eh, you can't blame him too much, Cypher's RTCW is quite annoying.
You know what else is annoying? Paper-thin armor, the weakest in the game.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

There's no such thing as being "too aggressive" in Voot. It's about "attacking" the other player, why would you "not" be somewhat aggressive?

As far as your case, we'd call him a scrub, or just whiny 5 year old (or however old he/she really is, don't care)

I'll send friend requests to people I beat, and people who own me. I figure if someones better than me, that that makes for very good practice at getting better.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament