Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by neoKEN »

Good games tonight.

An almost full lobby is great, it feels like the arcade experience with people watching and playing. If anyone doesn't have a microphone, you are missing out a lot from the experience.

GGs to:
aniking
beverage55
cosmic owl
tiera ares
mechazoidal
645 (I hate your fei yen!!!)

I apologize if I forgotten anyone else.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Sounds like some fun times!! Too bad I missed it... I've been studying for a Microsoft certification, so I haven't been playing much. :cry:
MentholMoose
Tieria Arde

Post by Tieria Arde »

Havent been here to say it before but here goes.

good game to pretty much everyone i fought, you guys make me feel like the VO community is very close knit and friendly.

but most of all ggs overall to

Mentholmoose - missiles. missiles. intense everytime, sir

SchoolyD - I cant hit you more than once before i get shot in the face 12 more times

anikingVOOT - overall, you are a monster. and chihaya's awesome : P

neoKEN - improving a lot since i first fought you, i still remember that temjin

sixfortyfive - im still wondering how i can beat u with 10/80 but not temjin, but still i hate ur AJIM.

Inbot - many, many confusingly close games

and theres also many others i cant remember, but ggs to u guys too.

PS- i faced shadow sheldon when i first started this game, said i "needed more practice" needless to say i made him eat those words, and some lasers, some time beforehand.

and regarding to the poor sportsmanship earlier in the thread, I lost 30% of my positive rep to these sore losers. and I got -2% for "trash talking" by using 10/80. go figure.

anyhoo, see you all on the battlefield.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

I got a lot of those negative rep too. Got a bunch for "trash talking" and "language" when I have never even used my mic XD. Even got "aggressive" once for trying to tongfa the other guy, and I didn't even manage to win that particular match XD.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Tieria Arde wrote:Havent been here to say it before but here goes.

good game to pretty much everyone i fought, you guys make me feel like the VO community is very close knit and friendly.

but most of all ggs overall to

Mentholmoose - missiles. missiles. intense everytime, sir

SchoolyD - I cant hit you more than once before i get shot in the face 12 more times

anikingVOOT - overall, you are a monster. and chihaya's awesome : P

neoKEN - improving a lot since i first fought you, i still remember that temjin

sixfortyfive - im still wondering how i can beat u with 10/80 but not temjin, but still i hate ur AJIM.

Inbot - many, many confusingly close games

and theres also many others i cant remember, but ggs to u guys too.

PS- i faced shadow sheldon when i first started this game, said i "needed more practice" needless to say i made him eat those words, and some lasers, some time beforehand.

and regarding to the poor sportsmanship earlier in the thread, I lost 30% of my positive rep to these sore losers. and I got -2% for "trash talking" by using 10/80. go figure.

anyhoo, see you all on the battlefield.
It should be noted that you can't be banned for Rep. I have like 70% avoided and 50% of it is Unsporting conduct. Also apparently I'm highly aggressive. :cry:

edit: Didn't proof read
Tieria Arde

Post by Tieria Arde »

*you can only get banned if they report you and microsoft actually processes the complaint, really.

and judging from the pricks in FPS's, its not happening.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Have any of you guys played any matches against some guy named PhantomPhotonX? I run into him in Ranked sometimes and he totally destroys me. US Temjin player, plays really fast (mostly close to mid range), impeccable Big Two timing, good at CC.

I'm like 1-20 against him today. Good times. :)

It's odd running into "local" people who don't post here, but aren't like 0-38 and don't know how to dash. (Not that I'm knocking them - you gotta start somewhere, and at least they're trying)
sandsfel

Post by sandsfel »

DeepInTheHops wrote:Have any of you guys played any matches against some guy named PhantomPhotonX? I run into him in Ranked sometimes and he totally destroys me. US Temjin player, plays really fast (mostly close to mid range), impeccable Big Two timing, good at CC.
Yes I faced him before and I had a better luck against him all due to my character advantage; I was using Bal. He was fast and dash a lot but I don’t know is this a good thing or not. I have invited him to the tournament but got no respond… Oh well, hope he had checked out this forum since I told him Oratan.com in my invitation.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

According to the tier list I should have a slight advantage, although I'm guessing the list only applies for high level play (never mind the skill disparity ;)).

Now it's more like 2-40. :shock: I uploaded a random loss so everybody can laugh at me.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neoKEN »

Good games today. Too bad I can't enter the tournament. I'd probably won't make it pass the first round anyways :mrgreen:
It was nince being able to play all these names that I seen before, but wasn't able to connect or see online. Wanted to see more of DeltaStrikeX, but he leaves so sudden like always :(. GG to Sandsfel, LN, Cosmo Owl, Schooly_D, Aniking (smurfing as Schooly_D), SolarSonic, DaveRudolph. Hope I didn't forget anyone :lol:

DeepInTheHops wrote:Have any of you guys played any matches against some guy named PhantomPhotonX? I run into him in Ranked sometimes and he totally destroys me. US Temjin player, plays really fast (mostly close to mid range), impeccable Big Two timing, good at CC.

I'm like 1-20 against him today. Good times. :)

It's odd running into "local" people who don't post here, but aren't like 0-38 and don't know how to dash. (Not that I'm knocking them - you gotta start somewhere, and at least they're trying)
I just played PhantomPhotonX several times today on rank. Just added him to my friend's list as well. I didn't see his Temjin, got to face his Raiden instead.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

Yep, and Cypher promptly blew up :P
I was having a nice win streak and thought hmm, 5 star general with good connection, lets try this out.

GGs DaveRudolph, I have a hard time beating you now... dodging that CW is a pain along with not being able to cancel your RW. I havent fought any specineffs in a while. I guess I was being a bit too linear, once I started mixing up my attack patterns I started getting wins.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

DeepInTheHops wrote:It's odd running into "local" people who don't post here, but aren't like 0-38 and don't know how to dash. (Not that I'm knocking them - you gotta start somewhere, and at least they're trying)
Heh, yeah. I ran into the guy you're talking about a few weeks (months?) ago. Not a half-bad player, indeed!

I've also run into Kajmaster Kajet of "IT'S OVER 9000!!" fame, believe it or not. He's pretty good with AphB!
Tieria Arde

Post by Tieria Arde »

good to come back to the VO scene after a while tonite. gg's to Cosmos, who doesnt use this forum, as well as sonic.

And most of all good games to aniking, whose dordray can go die in a ditch somewhere.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Good games to those I played against last night. I would have stuck around longer, but I'm supposed to be in bed by 11PM. I'm an old man. :| Seems like a lot of you guys are Central or Pacific.

I should be able to play more often now (well, maybe in two weeks... I have to let Battle Garegga kick my ass to conclude the shmups tournament). I finally wised up and got a router with QoS capabilities. It took some fiddling around since I don't know anything about networking, but I think it's working well now. My girlfriend can watch stuff on YouTube without my connection getting ruined. :)
Zaarock wrote:GGs DaveRudolph, I have a hard time beating you now... dodging that CW is a pain along with not being able to cancel your RW. I havent fought any specineffs in a while. I guess I was being a bit too linear, once I started mixing up my attack patterns I started getting wins.
I doubt I've gotten any better, probably the opposite since I was neglecting VOOT to focus on the shmups tournament up until a few days ago. Although you're probably in the same boat. But yes, good games.
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

You're giving me WAY too much credit! You should see me on my bad days. I have a very reckless and impatient playing style that often gets me killed against people with a lower rank than I'd like to admit. Thanks for the games.
sandsfel wrote:I have invited him to the tournament but got no respond… Oh well, hope he had checked out this forum since I told him Oratan.com in my invitation.
I did check out oratan.com because of your message, although it took me too long to find the tournament info (I was looking under General...stupid me), and when I did find it and saw that Schooly D and MetholMoose were playing, I was like, "No thanks." Those guys have completely embarrassed me before and I was expecting a similar outcome again here. I may join the next tournament, but I will have to practice my butt off to have a chance of winning, and I don't know that I have the time to do that. We shall see.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

GGs as usual. I'm about to call it a night.

Every time I watch Aniking play I make a mental note to myself that I should probably actually learn the game. Then I never follow through.

Ah well.
Alaric14

Post by Alaric14 »

I played against anikingVoot, I think a few nights ago (in UK so to play with you guys late nights are pretty much unavoidable). I beat his Apharmed B in our first game...and then he made me pay for it. If you're reading this, Sir, I salute you and hope I at least gave you a scare with my Cypher. Also had the pleasure of fighting neoKEN and a couple of others who weren't on my friends list. There was a fearsome Angelan fighter called xdoom...something. Gamertags are hard to remember! Anyways, good games all.

Would like to play more people more often, so feel free to FR me and please, for the love of all things giant and robot-like, try to get online a touch earlier so I'm not awake 'til 2:00am! My gamertag is: X ALARIC X
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Alaric14 wrote:There was a fearsome Angelan fighter called xdoom...something. Gamertags are hard to remember!
Anyways, good games all.
XDoomHunterX. He repeatedly pummeled me earlier today; most of the games were blowouts. Good games, though.
Alaric14

Post by Alaric14 »

I just met Schooly D. Probably not in the best frame of mind to play VOOT but I gave it a shot and ended up getting completely pwned. Massively pwned. There is no word in the English language to describe just how pwned I was.

However, it opened my eyes to some neat tricks one can learn to use as Cypher. That fly-by melee move was...infuriating. And HOW did you do that dash-LTCW? Can't seem to figure it out in practice mode.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

Back-cCW

It works well as an anti-air move when the opponent is over your head, but the slow movement of the back dash combined with the freeze time leaves you vulnerable.

Oh, and good games! You remind me of a young Zaarock :P
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn