Show your cool or useless VOOT memorabilia

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Show your cool or useless VOOT memorabilia

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

which still dosen't explain why a gen 2 virtuaroid has a gen 1 v-converter on it...

A mispaint hopefully :P
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:which still dosen't explain why a gen 2 virtuaroid has a gen 1 v-converter on it...

A mispaint hopefully :P
Well the 5.2 VR's still had Saturns. I hope Kotobukiya would include both systems so you could choose if you wanted a Dreamcast or Saturn on the back.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Discs-Set-Cyber-T ... 7C294%3A50

I already just picked up a set from the same seller, waiting for arrival. Maybe one of you whould like the other?

Grab it while you can. ^^

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Discs-Set-Cyber-T ... 7C294%3A50

I already just picked up a set from the same seller, waiting for arrival. Maybe one of you whould like the other?

How's that so cheap? Man...I totally want! As for that Saturn on Specineff's back. Good eye Testament. Didn't even realize that. Same goes for your Vr-Eli...didn't realize in 5.2 they had Saturns. Is it like that on the Dreamcast version you unlock? Or just the arcade. I gotta check this out.
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

RVR - 42 wrote: Is it like that on the Dreamcast version you unlock? Or just the arcade. I gotta check this out.
o.o and i've got that unlocked on one of my vmu's...I didn't even think to check that. I won't have access to that vmu till later, so if someone wants to check in the meantime, feel free.

Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
RVR - 42 wrote: Is it like that on the Dreamcast version you unlock? Or just the arcade. I gotta check this out.
o.o and i've got that unlocked on one of my vmu's...I didn't even think to check that. I won't have access to that vmu till later, so if someone wants to check in the meantime, feel free.
I've personally confermed that 5.2 on the dreamcast version of VO does indeed use saturns on the VR's v-converters instead of Dreamcasts. Odd but cool. I didn't even notice till now.

But it STILL dosen't make any sense, if indeed, that Specineff is from 5.66, that definitly had Dreamcasts.

Edit: the data is preserved in replays ^^

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:
I've personally confermed that 5.2 on the dreamcast version of VO does indeed use saturns on the VR's v-converters instead of Dreamcasts. Odd but cool. I didn't even notice till now.

But it STILL dosen't make any sense, if indeed, that Specineff is from 5.66, that definitly had Dreamcasts.

Niiice. I think i'll start playing the 5.2 version more now. :P Just for these easter egg type things. As for the 'neff being 5.66 and still having a Saturn on its back; I think we've been had. They tried to fool us. Nuh uh uh...not getting it passed the tried and true.

VO Loyals - 1 VO Marketers - 0.

*runs around giving jumping high fives*
"Nuh uh uh"
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

RVR - 42 wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:

Niiice. I think i'll start playing the 5.2 version more now. :P Just for these easter egg type things. As for the 'neff being 5.66 and still having a Saturn on its back; I think we've been had. They tried to fool us. Nuh uh uh...not getting it passed the tried and true.

VO Loyals - 1 VO Marketers - 0.

*runs around giving jumping high fives*
I'm not sure why the model has a Saturn, it must be based on the VER.5.2 Specineff. I don't know if there are any other differences besides the v-converter to help determine if it's supposed to be VER.5.66 Specineff.

Don't get too used to VER.5.2; there are some gameplay differences. :)
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:
Don't get too used to VER.5.2; there are some gameplay differences. :)
To say the least. >.>

You might not think of "why" they needed to adjust 5.2, untill you play it that is...

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Hahah yea I've played through 5.2 a few times, but can't really remember what the differences were. I know they were pretty big in terms of unbalanced moves, and whatnot. As for getting too used to it...I honestly doubt i'll get to play the 5.66 re-release...I doubt my friend will get it. =/
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

RVR - 42 wrote:Hahah yea I've played through 5.2 a few times, but can't really remember what the differences were. I know they were pretty big in terms of unbalanced moves, and whatnot. As for getting too used to it...I honestly doubt i'll get to play the 5.66 re-release...I doubt my friend will get it. =/
Then stick to 5.45, in my opinion...

Or you could wait for Naomi emulation to catch up, nulldc aready released an emu for naomi, no idea how good/bad it is though...

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
RVR - 42 wrote:Hahah yea I've played through 5.2 a few times, but can't really remember what the differences were. I know they were pretty big in terms of unbalanced moves, and whatnot. As for getting too used to it...I honestly doubt i'll get to play the 5.66 re-release...I doubt my friend will get it. =/

Or you could wait for Naomi emulation to catch up, nulldc aready released an emu for naomi, no idea how good/bad it is though...
It works well, however 1) only GD-ROMs are currently supported and not ROMs like VER.5.66, and 2) the VER.5.66 ROM hasn't been dumped yet anyway.
MentholMoose
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Tis a shame, I caught on with nulldc, and I tore the internet a new one trying to find that bloody naomi rom, just for Scott to say, after a few years of looking, that it never existed! ergh!!!
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:

Yea 5.45 is the one im most accustomed with. It's my baby. Claim to fame for me. Best [version of the]game EVAR! 5.66 always intrigued me though. Didn't realize they sped it up though...thought they basically just added in color editing and 3 new Vrs. *shrugs* I so want it! *whimpers*
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

I want a release date, so i can know how many days I have to acquire a HDD for my xbox 360.

Thats been sitting unplugged and unused since I verified that it worked. ^^;;;

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:I want a release date, so i can know how many days I have to acquire a HDD for my xbox 360.

Thats been sitting unplugged and unused since I verified that it worked. ^^;;;
XDXD! Yea, true that. Hopefully the delay in releasing a date is because they're trying to put it out on PSN as well. *wishes and prays* ^_^
"Nuh uh uh"
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Discs-Set-Cyber-T ... 7C294%3A50

That is obviously a bootleg. SM is Sonmay, a known Chinese/HK bootleg group, and there are enough typos on the spine card to throw up some warning signs.

Still, $11 shipped isn't much of a waste.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Official ver 5.2 guide. All in JP, unfortunately its no use to me. i can scan some pages if somebody requests. Then again, they may have to translate. :D

Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

If that guide came with any posters....like...any temjin posters...tha'd be nice ^^
That is obviously a bootleg. SM is Sonmay, a known Chinese/HK bootleg group, and there are enough typos on the spine card to throw up some warning signs.

Still, $11 shipped isn't much of a waste.
I didn't notice the typos till now, regardless, I was more concerned with the seller, a store in cali. So long as I get what I pay for, eh. *shrugs*

So long as it's a good bootleg i guess, we'll find out.

Edit: as of typing this, just got it in my hands. If it's a bootleg, it's a darn good one. Yes the spine card has typos, nothing else does, as best as I can tell. (cant read the japanese) Booklet included, as well as some peice of paper, I think it's a regestration card thingy....not sure.

One thing i found odd, the front nor back covers have anything on the back of them, blank. I don't know if the origional's had anything printed on the back, but I know that the back cards for counterpoint 009A and Cybernet rhapsody did, so I find this odd.

All the music on Disk 1 appears where it should, checking disk 2 now.

Edit2: Disk 2 seems fine. I"ll post pics later, scans maybe...

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Wow...I love that cover. Temjin looks awesome. Still gotta say though...that one with Apharmd Battler on the front rocks hardcore. But I totally love this wallpaper. Can you guess why? XD!

"Nuh uh uh"