VOOT Team Challenge 2!

Tournament info goes here!!
Solar*Sonic

VOOT Team Challenge 2!

Post by Solar*Sonic »

WELCOME! WELCOME!ImageTo Oratan's Second Team Challenge. I am your host (XboxliveGT: SolarSonic)
Now with that to the side lets...
Image with the Details & rules...

>As some of you may know, You get points based on how well you do in USITS (US-International Tournament Series. For competing in a given tournament, you are awarded points equaling 1+ the number of matches you won in the tournament. Your USITS Ranking is a running total of these points.
So, these rankings will partly be used to enforce how much skill can be on one team. Here's how it works: depending on the sizes of the teams in the tournament, a team will have a "point cap" that the total points of all people on the team added up cannot exceed.
>Players who have not played in a USITS tournament have 0 points and are essentially free to add (this should encourage people to bring in newcomers). But a problem arises if someone doesn't compete in USITS tournaments and wants to play in team tournaments because he or she will not have accumulated points to count against his or her team's point cap. To remedy this, There is another player value called Team Worth (TW).
TW is calculated like USITS Ranking, except that for USITS tournaments the player does NOT compete in (after their first tournament), he is awarded points for that tournament equal to the number of points he received in the previous tournament he played in. Here's an example:

>Say Player (A) competes in USIT1 and earns 3 points. Player (A) does not compete in USIT2 and USIT3, but competes in USIT4 and earns 2 points. Player (A)'s Team Worth is now 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 11, and a team that adds him to their roster loses 11 points from their point cap. Simple, eh?
Team Worth ONLY matters in the context of point caps.

>Because this is a lot of information to keep track of, There Is some additions to the awesome VOOT wiki. Incoming links:
http://voot.wikia.com/wiki/USITS - US-International Tournament Series (our monthly tournaments)
http://voot.wikia.com/wiki/USITS_Rankings - The rankings :)
http://voot.wikia.com/wiki/Schooly_D - Schooly D's player page. Use this as a template to make your own! (this will make keeping track of points and TW much easier) Now on to rules

>Team Tournaments are randomly seeded in a single-elimination bracket. When two teams face, one person from one team plays one person from the other team. The team that wins the most individual match-ups wins the match and advances. Tie-breakers may be needed for even-numbered teams. The team with the lower Team Worth gets to choose who fights whom in a given match
>This particular tournament will have> 3 pilots a team with a team leader and a team color. The first match-up between teams must be started by the team leaders. In other words, Leaders fight eachother first and followed by the rest of the team.
>Game settings are 80 secs, 2 rounds/best 2 out of 3. 6 observers Including Sandsfel and myself. Matches will be held one at a time with a few seconds break inbetween. Matches will be held in a party that i start or join and confirm from my own mouth that it is the official party. Any matches held outside this party are invalid, but you are welcomed to practice when not apart of the official party.
>DATE: Sunday, December 13, 2009
TIME: 8PM Eastern (provisional)
If you would like to play but cannot make this date/time, let me know! Via xbox message or PM.
FORMAT: Single-elimination Team Tournament, random seeding
>POINT CAP: 16 Your team cannot exceed this number!
>To REGISTER: Reply to this thread (or send me a message via Xbox or PM) and enter your GamerTag(GT), Your Team name, Team Captain or Leader, Team Color, and the other members of your team
ORGANIZER: SolarSonic
OPEN TO: Everyone! All skill levels are encouraged to participate!

> Team Color is the color you and your team all agree on to make a custom VR with mainly That color. Only main colors of the rainbow should be desribed. No violets, just say purple. Blue, Light blue, Dark Blue are all acceptable differences. ((Example)) "Team Whatchamacolit" All agree that SkyBlue is their Team color. They all make custom VR's with mainly Light Blue parts and sport their team spirit against "Team Whoevertheyare" who all have Dark Blue as their team color. Make sense?

> Pilot'sTeam Worth as of USINT3:
Schooly D TW=13
Emperpor of Wu TW=10
PhantomPhotonX TW=9
MentholMoOse TW=7
DeltastrikeX TW=6
Sixfortyfive TW=5
Shamanic Beat TW=4
SolarSonic TW=4
EpyonEclipse TW=4
SixtyHz TW=4
DaveRudolph TW=4
Sandsfel TW=4
Inbot TW=3
Neo Helbeast TW=3
Cipher343 TW=2
NetPlayerD TW=2
Jmikal TW=2
Saffire Wing TW=1
ViralDameon TW=1
Beverage555 TW=1
WyldStyleNeo TW=3
Everyone else are Free Agents!!!
:mrgreen: Get the signing up already! and lets Get Our Virtual On!!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Re: VOOT Team Challenge 2!

Post by Schooly D »

Team IBO
- Schooly D (leader)
- Infinite Se7en
- HunterX11

Color: Yellow
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

Good job schooly! People should get to searching for teamates, registration will close on december, 13 @ 7:30pm. Speaking of which, I better get looking myself!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Team PhantomStarMoose
- MentholMo0se (captain)
- PhantomPhotonX
- StarPlatinum87

Color: Black
MentholMoose
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

MentholMoose wrote:Team PhantomStarMoose
- MentholMo0se (captain)
- PhantomPhotonX
- StarPlatinum87
Nice job maximizing team worth. :shock:

It's now impossible for anybody else to do so if Emperor of Wu doesn't play. ;)

P.S. My lazy ass is a free agent, for anybody looking for teammates.
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Sixfortyfive »

Probably won't be playing in this one unless I crack down on a lot of **** I have to take care of by Monday.
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

Yes it looks like team PhantomStarMoose is the team to beat. Those are 3 great players.
654 take care of the ***** by monday! We are gonna need all the players we can get to challenge Menthol and his gang!
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

MentholMoose wrote:Team PhantomStarMoose
- MentholMo0se (captain)
- PhantomPhotonX
- StarPlatinum87

Color: Black
a team full of captains :lol:
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

[erased]
Last edited by DeltastrikeX on 16 Dec 2017, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Let's go people, we need some more teams! DeltastrikeX I nominate you as a team captain, now go recruit a couple people!! :D
MentholMoose
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

Team FacePunch! needs one more member.
So far the team consist of me and DaveRudolph.
Also If Any one is interested in being in the tounry, but is having trouble finding a team. Post here and we can recommend other players to you and vise-versa.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Free agent here.
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

Team FACEPUNCH!
-SolarSonic (Leader)
-DaveRudolph
-Sandsfel
Team Color:Purple

Also. Shamanic... You and DeltastrikeX should join forces!
So far Beverage55, SixFortyFive, and WyldeStyleNeo are possible to play this sunday. I suppose they will all let me know if they are available by then. Come on everyone lets get a few more teams going!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

I know that EpyonsEclipse, CYBERTR00PER, and Saffire Wing are down. You should ask them to formally register.
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

Schooly D wrote:I know that EpyonsEclipse, CYBERTR00PER, and Saffire Wing are down. You should ask them to formally register.
Thanx for the Info Schools. Will do
... Haha Schools...
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

[erased]
Last edited by DeltastrikeX on 16 Dec 2017, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

DeltasrtikeX update us on what your official team is.
Yes Schooly you are right. I will fix it.

So far the 1st round includes:
-Team IBO VS. -TeamActionTeam
-Schooly D (Lead) VS. -DeltastikeX (Lead)?
the team with the lower Team Worth (TW) will determine Who will fight 2nd and 3rd match.
So far the 2nd round will be determined by today 7:30pm. If another team does not sign up by then, The 2nd round will be:
-Team PhantomStarMoose VS. -Team FACEPUNCH!
-MentholMo0se (Lead) VS. -SolarSonic (Lead)
In this case, My team (which has the lower TW will determine who fights in 2nd and 3rd match.
So if there is 1 other team out there, You will either be slipped into The 2nd round or be in a 3rd round against one of the winning Teams.
If there is more than 1 team that registers, then All this could change
Last edited by Solar*Sonic on 13 Dec 2009, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

(1) How can Delta and I BOTH decide who fights the second and third games? I thought the team with the lower TW gets to choose who fights whom.

(2) Delta's team goes over the point cap. I've notified him, so he should be changing it.
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

apparently my team is over the point cap. I need to find a quick third.
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

Ok, i got my friend Trance Addix

I just gotta make a choice between who to keep, wu or epyon

Whichever one of you I drop i'm sorry.