MARZ Color Schemes

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MarianoRyu

MARZ Color Schemes

Post by MarianoRyu »

I'm not sure how they work, I have just unlocked Sgt. Hatter's red and navy (that's the only one I know how to unlock to my knowledge), so I'd like to know how many color schemes exist for each VR (I also know Guarayakha's color schemes can be unlocked every time the game is beaten on Hard mode, but I don't know how many times I should play it) and how to unlock them.

Thank you very much in advance. :)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Re: MARZ Color Schemes

Post by MentholMoose »

Did you check the Virtual-On Marz FAQs at GameFAQs?
MentholMoose
MarianoRyu

Post by MarianoRyu »

I bookmarked Eizaz Azhar's and Temyap's, and I don't remember reading anything about unlocking color schemes there (I might be wrong).
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Sadly, you're right. I stopped adding stuffs to the FAQ after I got tired of trying to get that final rank-up that never seems to come (Bad excuse, I had fun with ZOE2). But I think it has to do with the number of enemy VRs you destroy with the VR you want the colors unlocked for.
MarianoRyu

Post by MarianoRyu »

I know how you're feeling. I got tired after unlocking Guarayakha and Sgt. Hatter's alternate color scheme. I have a General (2-Star Gold) rank and am at the 5th playthrough on Very Hard mode (although I use the White Knight LOL). According to my calculations I should get the final rank when I get to the Dymon crisis, but I'm too burnt out to keep playing. :lol:

I've uploaded my savegame to GameFAQs so people don't have to suffer the pain I did while unlocking everything I have.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Tell me when you get promoted, that's exactly where I gave up, lol.
MarianoRyu

Post by MarianoRyu »

I'll tell you if I got promoted after the 5th playthrough on Friday (got some college issues to take care of).
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Man...I don't even want to talk about Marz. That game is so frustrating. Myzr[ :'( ] is a waste in that game. Only close and close-mid range effective. LAME! Nah...I might give it another go...somewhere in ym second playthrough right now I believe. Give me that White Knight though...boy would that be awesome. ^_^
"Nuh uh uh"
MarianoRyu

Post by MarianoRyu »

I'm a total idiot on MARZ, and I could beat the game on Ultimate (I used the default Temjin first, and then the 707J when I unlocked it) to get the White Knight. So if I could do it everyone can. LOL
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

Marz is a huge headache. It seems like almost every VR is nerfed except for the Temjin line, which is like Baskin Robins 32 Flavors or something. Mint Chocolate Chip Temjin! mmmm. I breezed through it fairly quickly, but by the time I got to the DN Chaos missions it just got too monotonous. I mean, not hard, I wasn't dying or even getting hit for several battles, but... blah. Marz is just, all the way around, a boring game. Maybe not if you haven't played OMG or VOOT, but once you play a REAL VO game, there's no going back (granted I played OMG first but at the time I bought Marz I didn't have an OMG machine even nearby, let alone in my garage, and I didn't have VOOT). One of these days I'll dig it out to see the ending I guess.
ImageImage
MarianoRyu

Post by MarianoRyu »

I agree that unless you're a hardcore VO fan, you won't like MARZ. Many people like Oratorio Tangram, but I don't really. Best Virtual-On game ever to me is Operation Moongate (preferrably the old P.C. version)
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

MarianoRyu wrote:I agree that unless you're a hardcore VO fan, you won't like MARZ. Many people like Oratorio Tangram, but I don't really. Best Virtual-On game ever to me is Operation Moongate (preferrably the old P.C. version)
Fellow OMG dude?

I love you.

(although my favorite version is arcade since I have one xD)

And I'm a hardcore VO fan, but Marz is still a bad excuse for a VO title. Oratorio Tangram isn't really bad, just different. Faster, more intense, less vulnerability... Marz is like someone took OMG and tied a few 2 ton weights on all the Virtuaroids. Except for Temjin. Because he's apparently the only worthwhile VR in the game.
ImageImage
MarianoRyu

Post by MarianoRyu »

The reason why I don't like Oratorio Tangram might be related to my chances of playing it. I never owned a DC, nor do I own an XBOX 360 (I'm from Argentina, not the best place for gamers), so my only possibility to play it is in the NullDC emulator, where it runs rather slow. Still, I've reached the Bradtos boss and I like the MARZ Stratos ones better.

And I admit, my favorite VR model is Temjin LOL. I have no problem using anyone but Belgdor in Operation Moongate, and the VOX ones in MARZ (Save for VOX Joe, which reminds me of good old Dorkas or Dordray from OT). They're just plain-looking to me.

I've never really tested Angelan, I will someday. But her Water Dragon thing looks cool.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

MarianoRyu wrote:I'm a total idiot on MARZ, and I could beat the game on Ultimate (I used the default Temjin first, and then the 707J when I unlocked it) to get the White Knight. So if I could do it everyone can. LOL
I think the problem with Marz is just that it's annoyingly hard/impossible to play with VRs that's not Temjins or Apharmds :) I can't imagine anyone completing ultimate with Lee/Loo/Guara without dying once.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

MasterFygar wrote:Marz is a huge headache. It seems like almost every VR is nerfed except for the Temjin line, which is like Baskin Robins 32 Flavors or something. Mint Chocolate Chip Temjin! mmmm. I breezed through it fairly quickly, but by the time I got to the DN Chaos missions it just got too monotonous. I mean, not hard, I wasn't dying or even getting hit for several battles, but... blah. Marz is just, all the way around, a boring game. Maybe not if you haven't played OMG or VOOT, but once you play a REAL VO game, there's no going back (granted I played OMG first but at the time I bought Marz I didn't have an OMG machine even nearby, let alone in my garage, and I didn't have VOOT). One of these days I'll dig it out to see the ending I guess.
Bahahaha! Exactly! All those dang Temjins. Like a Gran Turismo title and the Temjins are Skylines. But yea...what Guara said...I love Viper II and Cypher so I wanted to give Myzr a try. My lord...it's so beyond difficult to be effective with that nerfed piece of metal. :( As for VOOT and VOOM....love 'em to death. Haven't had much face time w/VOOM, but I really enjoy that game. Green Hills is like one of my favorite stages in all of VO. But VOOT was my first...and boy did it touch my heart. <3 lol I can make myself enjoy Marz...but only using Temjins is something I can not do. Will not do. It's being unfaithful to my Yzerman created loves. lol
"Nuh uh uh"
MarianoRyu

Post by MarianoRyu »

Hey guys, remember we were talking about the MARZ ranks?

Apparently the highest rank you can get is 2 gold star according to this site.

http://www.geocities.jp/scrapped_forces ... /badge.htm

You don't need to translate, just count the numbers. There's three for green backs (Cadet, Constable and Corporal in my version), three for blue backs (Sergeant, Deputy and Commander), and two for red backs (Colonel and General). It doesn't get any better than that.