chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Meant to post this earlier...
Still see colors.JPG
DOUBLE RAINBOW.

Thankfully, we got ourselves an HD TV a few days ago, so I should be playing in full color by this weekend once we set it up.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

Aero the Acrobat 2 is a great platformer, you should play it, and I happen to have the SNES version!
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

PLANETAN (Japanese Dordray player) and I went at it for at least an hour today. First I was winning, then he started winning and kept winning. He pulled off lots of Aniking-like comebacks and exhibited Aniking-like hiding on the other side of the map. In fact, he is just like Aniking with Dordray.

My head hurts. :x
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

The star of bullshit is not favoring you today.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

GG guys.

I retired from using Twinstick controls. Starting today, I will use standard controls. A few days ago, I was using TS config on rank, it was impossible for me to do jump-cancel if I did it too fast. 9 out of 10 times, I would float instead of fast land. Offline, if I do jump-cancel fast, it comes out 100%. I think there might be something wrong with twinstick config due to it being analog plus adding latency will only make it worse. Now with standard, my cancels from jumping or air dashing attacks will come out 100%.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

Everyone, take notice! There is a new record for number of consecutive hours spent VOOTing, and it has been set by none other than me.

The new record stands at a whopping 25 hours!!! :shock: Good luck trying to beat this one (actually, you'll need more than luck)! I have now been awake for 39 straight hours. Symptoms include dizzyness, inability to think, pain when holding my eyes open, weakness of the arms, injured right middle finger, and weird white glowing haze when viewing the TV.

GG's this weekend to all who showed up; we had another fine weekend. NeoKEN is switching his controls, Chunkypuff has a new rainbow-free TV, Vash thought Shamanic was black, and SwordedShepherd apparently has a man-crush on Goliath! Where, I ask, can you get more funny moments than on Xbox Live playing VOOT?

Let's do it all again next week! Minus the 25-hour VOOT marathon that is.
- Confucius
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive

Post by chunkypuff31 »

It's a shame I missed out on the VOOT action today. Today was the day that I do my weekly chores, so I couldn't go on. At least I was able to go on last night, though. :)

Also, check out my sexy new setup:
No more colors.JPG
Ikea and Costco FTW.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Nice setup, very clean!
MentholMoose
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

Are you ready for the aftermath of my VOOT marathon?

I woke up this morning at around the time I would normally wake up to go to work, and I had one of the most intense migraine headaches I've ever had. It ravaged the whole left side of my head, all the way down to my eye, and the pain was actually behind my eye. I took two Motrins and tried to fall back asleep, but couldn't. Then I started feeling sick to my stomach. The reason: I had eaten four sandwiches in about 10 minutes after finishing my run yesterday (I had not eaten anything at all while playing). It was too much, too quickly, and I almost vomitted twice. I also could not make a fist with my right hand, so intense was the pain in my fingers. Eventually, after tossing and turning for about an hour, I finally fell back asleep for about two more hours, woke up, and went to work braindead. I worked seven hours instead of eight, but that's not so bad.

I also came home from work braindead. While driving home, I decided to stop at the ATM. I got a little too close to the wall and took my left mirror off. I guess it could have been worse.

Now, the real question is, was it worth it? Well, I can't say that it was worth playing all 25 hours, since there were definitely a few stale moments after the Japanese players all left where it was just us, and not even Random could make the game any more fun. I don't even know why I did that to be honest with you, but I wasn't really feeling tired, so when I reached the point where I thought I could go 24 hours, I decided to commit, with a bit of prompting from my VOOT comrades.

At the end of my marathon, I finally beat SwordedShepherd (Cypher) in the flukiest win I will probably ever get, with a last-second Surfing Ram that connected right as he landed, in the final ten seconds of round 3. I know I will never do that again, and the majority of our matches still have me getting him down to 80% max while he utterly destroys me. He was gracious enough to let me keep challenging him, although he claims to not like my lag (which begs the question, why does he still challenge Goliath relentlessly when he should be lagging just as much?). Call me crazy, but as a VOOT player I want to get to the point where I can beat him at least 25% of the time. I might upload one of my matches against him for you guys to critique, but that brings me to my other point...

During the marathon, early Monday morning when it was just Kongbox and I using Random, there was one match in particular in which Kongbox got Apharmd B, and I was blessed with 10/80. It turned out to be ridiculous melee combat in probably the best 10/80 game I've ever played, and you won't believe the ending. I uploaded that replay, and would like everyone to watch it while I keep it up for a few days.

Enough with this. I'm going to go do something more productive now.
- Confucius
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Good games last night. And this is the Temjin Blue Mr. Popo I was talking about. With Temjin Orange lips too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KIk47527MA
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neoKEN »

TIP: Sometimes OTHER VR are more suited to a certain look than some.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Good games to Chunky and Goliath. VOOT is so ungodly fast after playing so much Reach.

Several things that Chunky and I talked about. And that thing he asked for. Also check out artist's pixiv gallery. Don't ask me why there is a pregnant robot girl there.
Image.
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

PhantomPhotonX wrote:Are you ready for the aftermath of my VOOT marathon?

I woke up this morning at around the time I would normally wake up to go to work, and I had one of the most intense migraine headaches I've ever had. It ravaged the whole left side of my head, all the way down to my eye, and the pain was actually behind my eye. I took two Motrins and tried to fall back asleep, but couldn't. Then I started feeling sick to my stomach. The reason: I had eaten four sandwiches in about 10 minutes after finishing my run yesterday (I had not eaten anything at all while playing). It was too much, too quickly, and I almost vomitted twice. I also could not make a fist with my right hand, so intense was the pain in my fingers. Eventually, after tossing and turning for about an hour, I finally fell back asleep for about two more hours, woke up, and went to work braindead. I worked seven hours instead of eight, but that's not so bad.<snip>
You realise there's people who've died from a heart attack due to gaming non-stop for many hours and not eating/drinking/moving enough?

I don't want to sound pedantic, but when you game without breaks for so much time you are essentially doing exactly the same thing as people who take a very long airplane or train trip and sit on their ass not doing anything the whole time. Basicly you're increasing the risk that you have a cardiovascular accident that might leave you seriously debilitated.

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveller's_Thrombosis

Frankly, the headache you got should be enough warning...
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive

Post by chunkypuff31 »

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Viper2 wrote:
PhantomPhotonX wrote:Are you ready for the aftermath of my VOOT marathon?

I woke up this morning at around the time I would normally wake up to go to work, and I had one of the most intense migraine headaches I've ever had. It ravaged the whole left side of my head, all the way down to my eye, and the pain was actually behind my eye. I took two Motrins and tried to fall back asleep, but couldn't. Then I started feeling sick to my stomach. The reason: I had eaten four sandwiches in about 10 minutes after finishing my run yesterday (I had not eaten anything at all while playing). It was too much, too quickly, and I almost vomitted twice. I also could not make a fist with my right hand, so intense was the pain in my fingers. Eventually, after tossing and turning for about an hour, I finally fell back asleep for about two more hours, woke up, and went to work braindead. I worked seven hours instead of eight, but that's not so bad.<snip>
You realise there's people who've died from a heart attack due to gaming non-stop for many hours and not eating/drinking/moving enough?

I don't want to sound pedantic, but when you game without breaks for so much time you are essentially doing exactly the same thing as people who take a very long airplane or train trip and sit on their ass not doing anything the whole time. Basicly you're increasing the risk that you have a cardiovascular accident that might leave you seriously debilitated.

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveller's_Thrombosis

Frankly, the headache you got should be enough warning...
This man is wise. I've pulled "marathons" before with Kirby 64 twice... not nearly the same level of intensity as you, but the "hang over" was enough to convince me to not go it a third time. I'm impressed you survived it, but I wouldn't do it again, lol.
ImageImage
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neoKEN »

shamanic_beat wrote:Good games to Chunky and Goliath. VOOT is so ungodly fast after playing so much Reach.
After I was syncing audio by editing videos in slow motion, I thought there was something wrong with my VOOT videos. I just couldn't keep up with the speed. It looked like it was twice the speed it should had been. I rebooted my computer and reinstall the audio and video codec. After a night's rest, I watched it again thinking, "yeah. that's Virtual On." :lol:
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

follow the address below to see something cool (and video game historical)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAFFCsVIcJc
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive

Post by chunkypuff31 »

gg's to Shinkenger1. I think the lag was from my end. Sorry!
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Good games to Zaarock, Chuca... something, Chiwageka and HBV502. I think that's the first time I've heard Zaarock talk.
Chac

Post by Chac »

Good games with Zaarock, chiwageka, Neo Helbeast, NGE, and medic from hell today. I don't think i've ever laughed this hard on xbox :o
GT: Chacasaurus
VR: Bal-Bados

[21:22:43] <cahc> look at this huge dildo man
[21:22:55] <Zaarock> holy ****