Has anyone completed all the missions for Force?

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
yktan

Has anyone completed all the missions for Force?

Post by yktan »

Out of curiosity, but is there anyone who has completed all the missions for Force? (What I meant by completed is securing an SS grade for every single mission)

Apparently, the latter episodes on "Arcade mission mode" seems unbeatable (to me, at least).

Furthermore, will there be any "treat" that awaits the player who secures an SS grade for all missions?
tehxdemixazn

Re: Has anyone completed all the missions for Force?

Post by tehxdemixazn »

I have to do the second to last mission in the 2nd set with an SS. Friggin EX shadow vrs. Haven't started Arcade till I get a decent partner.
yktan

Post by yktan »

EX Shadow VR's? Never noticed them.......might be because I was trying to speed through all the mission modes. I've got all the SS nailed down in the second set though.

We can team up together in arcade mission mode or something. Double Jaguarandi's still fail to net me my arcade mission SS's.
tehxdemixazn

Post by tehxdemixazn »

The second to last mission in the second set makes all the VR's shadow color, and they basically have EX damage and armor. Highly annoying for me to SS. I am trying for perfects, since I cannot do it fast enough with just regular wins.
PtBlank

Post by PtBlank »

Anybody got any advice on how to SS some of these missions?.. like the green orb ones?

I got SS's on a bunch of the 1st missions by running in and CCing everyone. Doesn't quite seem to work in the 2nd set of missions.

Pt.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

For most mission that allows CC, I used Kagekiyo with his CC mode. Bal s Rimso (or any Bal that has mine for RW), and Tetsuo does impressive damage on Ajim-Guerlain. Have a partner with hi defense/offense, then balancing out some points between friendship/movement values.

So far, I've managed to SS the 2 sets and the first half of Arcade, but damn, the Shadow VRs mission is brutal, especially when you tried to mow your way through with Jag only to get to that final round against Shadow Jags. RTCW lasers = Insta-kill :(
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

quick question... how do ppl defeat jaguarandi X2? even one jaguarandi has lots of armor.

I suck and I have a friend who can dodge better but this fight still seems hopeless lol. Barely chip off a pixel of the health bar with standard attacks. If it gets hit by RaiD's tangram laser then it does like 10%. Tho most of the time it dodges too well for its size. -_- Obstacles provide limited cover unless ur VR can duck their heads.

What is the winning condition? Have to kill both or just one?
Puck Yeah
Gamertag: Puck Yeah

Post by Puck Yeah »

Davo87 wrote:quick question... how do ppl defeat jaguarandi X2? even one jaguarandi has lots of armor.

I suck and I have a friend who can dodge better but this fight still seems hopeless lol. Barely chip off a pixel of the health bar with standard attacks. If it gets hit by RaiD's tangram laser then it does like 10%. Tho most of the time it dodges too well for its size. -_- Obstacles provide limited cover unless ur VR can duck their heads.

What is the winning condition? Have to kill both or just one?
Just one. It's easier when you have a Jagurandi as your team mate 8-)

The first time I came up against him/it I got destroyed lol.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

2nd Op's Double Jag mission is cake when you've the appropriate VRs and Partner selected. The later half of Arcade Ops is where you start pulling your hair ;)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

So has anyone completed all the missions yet? What about collection all the achievements?
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

MentholMoose wrote:So has anyone completed all the missions yet? What about collection all the achievements?
Nobody?!
MentholMoose
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

I finished everything (minus DLC) couple months ago.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

shamanic_beat wrote:I finished everything (minus DLC) couple months ago.
Nice!
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I was afraid of the survival missions until I noticed that only your own remaining health matters at the end of each match. Just let your AI buddy do all the fighting since he doesn't matter, and stay at 100% yourself. This won't get you an SS rank, though.

For the double shadow VRs in 2nd Op, only the last couple matches are hard though due to the AI being slightly better. Fortunately for us, all the enemy AI in 1st and 2nd Operation are total idiots. I got SS rank in this mission easily by just pretending the enemies are not shadow VR and recklessly using CC nonstop using the lowest damage Fei-Yen model. If you never get hit then their huge damage doesn't matter.

Right now I have no idea how to beat the double Jags without EX power cheating. It would not be hard except that the buddy AI seems to have a bug on this level. Because the double Jags are in the reverse position to start the round, he is confused and he won't target the Leader Jag under any circumstances, no matter what orders I give him or his stats. Using two Fei-Yens or two Temjins, there is no way I can kill both Jags within the time limit. I refuse to use mini-Jag because he is fat, cheating, and doesn't even seem that good to me from a competitive aspect. I suspect that if two mini-Jags gets the job done, then 2 Raidens would as well? But I'll only use Fei-Yen.

I haven't tried Arcade Operation yet but I am assuming it will kick my butt, as the Very Hard AI which I practice against in Training Mode or in Arcade Mode kicks my butt, or maybe the same as me by now.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

4 years later, I can finally SS rank all the missions, including Arcade Operation. Furthermore, I only allowed myself to use Fei-Yen and Temjin to do it. Part of this was due to just getting better against people, but most of it was due to studying and exploiting the AI. Keep in mind that the AI in this game cheats bad. It has instant reflexes plus it can see behind its head, so it deserves to be cheesed.

Actually I'll confess, I may have used Guerlain and big Jaguarandi to destroy most of Arcade Operation, but the game says they are Temjin. :)

Yet those characters crash, or are useless, in a couple Arcade Operation missions so I had to SS them legitimately. Thus I am pretty sure I can SS them all. The only one I'm unsure about is the final stage of Arcade Operation 10, with a 1v2 against two big Jaguarandi at maximum AI difficulty. I'll give tips soon.