Question about the fetish code?

Discuss VO4, the latest in the series.
Long Shadow

Question about the fetish code?

Post by Long Shadow »

I know it has to redeemed with a Japanese account (which I already have). But once downloaded, will it work with my primary account?
Does anyone know if the DLC also gets bound to the machine, or if anyone can use it once it's been downloaded?
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Question about the fetish code?

Post by guarayakha »

Yeah, you can use it on your primary account. Not sure if it's bound to the machine though.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Cool, thanks.

Just wandering, is it 100% confirmed the code can't be activated with non Japanese accounts?
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Redeeming the code on non-Japanese account will only get you the "item not available" message, so yeah.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Thanks again.
tehxdemixazn

Post by tehxdemixazn »

Is it possible that in the future they might do something to fix this? Actually make it available to US accounts?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

I doubt it, and if Force gets a US release, there likely won't be a fetish code.
MentholMoose
darksakul

Post by darksakul »

MentholMoose wrote:I doubt it, and if Force gets a US release, there likely won't be a fetish code.
True, as bad of a wrap as gaming as in the news media, Sega does not want or need this kind of publicity.
Were still talking about Sega here and not EA Games.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... -Marketing
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

So guys does anyone have a fetish code they haven't used yet? I may be able to snag us another Force player with it.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Due to difficulties ordering from Japan, as well as having a hard time finding out the complete details about where these codes came from, I accidentally ended up with three of them. So I've got two unused code cards.

Aside from that, it's also possible to share the code with a semi-unlimited number of others so long as you do License Transfers on the account that has the DLC. Since a License Transfer is allowed every 4 months, that means every 4 months we could share this DLC with another person, all using the same original code.

There's also currently two cheap VOOT Memorial Boxes on Yahoo Japan Auctions that come with a DLC code card. At the time I had gotten my Memorial Box, there weren't any, so I forked out big bucks to buy 2 DLC code cards from Yahoo Japan Auctions for $50. (with commission fees).

Then my own Memorial Box, which I got for dirt cheap from Rakuten for maybe $60, unexpectedly came with its own DLC code card inside, even though it wasn't supposed to.