Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
mechazoidal

Re: Good Games/ Bad Games Thread

Post by mechazoidal »

Good games to feixaq, SchoolyD, Cosmos Owl, and aniking! Sorry my connection kept dropping me out of Party Chat...
Also, neoken, I think with both our (marginal) connections, we would drop out of each others games.
anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

Good games tonight with Lt Testament, The Cosmos Owl, feixaq, GraeFocs, Charaa, Schooly D, DeepInTheHops, Mechazoidal, neoKEN360 and DeltastrikeX.

Wow, I could play with a lot of guys today. :shock: That was great!! :D
And also it was fun to get 7 people in one party at onetime.

I enjoyed Bal vs Bal with DeltastrikeX. We should do this more and more and you will get better soon like Schooly does.
I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neoKEN »

mechazoidal wrote:Good games to feixaq, SchoolyD, Cosmos Owl, and aniking! Sorry my connection kept dropping me out of Party Chat...
Also, neoken, I think with both our (marginal) connections, we would drop out of each others games.
Sorry guys, I found out someone was uploading something :(. Also I don't have a headset so if anyone said anything, I can barely hear it. Too bad I hardly got to play any games with you guys. ANIKING, YOU ARE SO STRONG!!! A lot of time I couldn't keep track of you because you could easily go to my blindspot. Any advice? :)
Last edited by neoKEN on 10 Jun 2009, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
CrouchingLiger

Post by CrouchingLiger »

Kyper wrote:Heh Deltastrike and Dave trashed me a couple of times again. I think I could stand a chance against Specineff in general as long as I keep aware of the CW waves but I'm just confused as all hell with Bal. And there seems to be a variance in skill and playstyle with all the Bal players I've faced as well so I find it hard to develop a basic strategy.

Also played CrouchingLiger/NigelK420, twice I think. Once with Temjin and Specineff. The Temjin one was close but my Spec was just awful.

And it occurred to me that I haven't beat anyone here even ONCE! Haha, guess I deserve my 1:2 ratio.
Hey I remember your name from the game lobby, is your full GT Kyper Trast (or along those lines)? I'll be on tonight since I don't work tomorrow, hit me up for some more matches.

Shout out to Schooly D and Menthol Moose, I tried hitting you guys up in the lobby, but it appears you guys were busy beating on others. Please make some time for this lowly master sergeant so I can learn some of your strategies.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

I hadn't played for a few days and was a bit rusty, but luckily there were loads of people online today to fight with :)
thanks for the great matches Superstarsage, Kuroilupin, AnikingVOOT, chasiumen and neoKEN

I played the most with chasiumen and our very fast paced fights made me remember how to play fast and in rhythm, I uploaded one of our fights to the leaderboard as they were very fun.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
Oolong

Post by Oolong »

CrouchingLiger wrote:
Kyper wrote: Hey I remember your name from the game lobby, is your full GT Kyper Trast (or along those lines)? I'll be on tonight since I don't work tomorrow, hit me up for some more matches.
Sure, I've played Kyper in the past, too. Welcome :D It's kind of cool seeing people you've randomly played in the past join our little community.
GT: Gekirou
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

GG's tonight to Simex909 and Testament! I indirectly learned a bit about zoning plating Testament tonight, and he hipped me to the fine art of LW V-Armor erosion and he also explained how to jettison Raiden's armor...and then when I did it, he promptly one shotted me and told me it's for emergencies only. :lol: 8-)
Last edited by Knoxximus on 10 Jun 2009, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Knoxximus wrote:GG's tonight to Simex909 and Testament! I indirectly learned a bit about zoning plating Testament tonight, and he hipped me to the fine art of LW V-Armor erosion. 8-)
Always glad to help. :P good games man.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:and he also explained how to jettison Raiden's armor...and then when I did it, he promptly one shotted me and told me it's for emergencies only. :lol: 8-)
That's a critical bit of info that he didn't share soon enough! :lol:
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

MentholMoose wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:and he also explained how to jettison Raiden's armor...and then when I did it, he promptly one shotted me and told me it's for emergencies only. :lol: 8-)
That's a critical bit of info that he didn't share soon enough! :lol:
to be fair, it was 2 shots, and he had full health before he jettisoned the armor... :p
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
fliptopbox

Post by fliptopbox »

Had a great time playing a bunch of games with neoKEN360, NeoKnuckles, and a bunch that I'm already starting to forget. I was "GameClucks2".
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Hey, Tom, I'm glad you finally have the chance to play! Will you ever visit the game center on the weekend? I don't play that much on weekdays, and only in the evening, but on weekends I play most of the day.
MentholMoose
fliptopbox

Post by fliptopbox »

MentholMoose wrote:Hey, Tom, I'm glad you finally have the chance to play! Will you ever visit the game center on the weekend? I don't play that much on weekdays, and only in the evening, but on weekends I play most of the day.
I can probably make time for it; weekdays are just most convenient for a mid-day bit of 3d fighting robots.
MurderDeathKill

Post by MurderDeathKill »

Nice games, Kuroilupin; you always seem to make me try that much harder.
CrouchingLiger

Post by CrouchingLiger »

MurderDeathKill wrote:Nice games, Kuroilupin; you always seem to make me try that much harder.
Nice games, Kuroilupin; you always seem to make me try that much harder.
Agreed, I played some matches against Kuro and that guy definitely doesn't make it easy!
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

GG's last night/this a.m. to GraeFocs and new-member-who-is-waiting-for-Menthol's-approval IshimaruPURE! Tried to get in a game with NeoKEN, but we must have been out of favor with the connection gods because no matter what we did, we just couldn't get a match started. Better luck tonight!

Oh, and I finally left Private Land....made my Corporal this morning! :D
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:GG's last night/this a.m. to GraeFocs and new-member-who-is-waiting-for-Menthol's-approval IshimaruPURE!
Activated!!
Knoxximus wrote:Tried to get in a game with NeoKEN, but we must have been out of favor with the connection gods because no matter what we did, we just couldn't get a match started. Better luck tonight!
:cry:
Knoxximus wrote:Oh, and I finally left Private Land....made my Corporal this morning! :D
Congrats!! I've stalled at "General", for about a week now.
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Well, that's not a bad place to be...General Menthol has a nice ring to it. ;)

Yeah, everytime I play, I'm out recruiting. I was *this* close to taking out a 5-Star Japanese General (Bal-Bados pilot) with more wins than losses. That was painful. So I guess I am improving! :D

I even played a coupla ranked matches with Armorless Raiden...THAT was a RUSH! The speed boost is orgasmic!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

Good games tonight with Ishimaru, Knoxx, Grae, and Testament!

I've got a funny story for y'all:

So, as some of you know, my gamer emblem (the one shown to non-friends) is a US flag, since I like to rep my country when getting beat by the players from Japan. There's this guy I've seen online, HBV 502, who I've played in the past and has beaten me thoroughly. His gamer emblem used to be a picture of Raiden. So, tonight he was challenging me in the Ranked lobby a few times, but I declined because I knew he'd kill me. After a while I accepted one of his challenges. Turns out he had changed his gamer emblem to the Japanese flag just before playing me. He proceeded to beat me in 2 rounds and disappeared back into the lobby, where he changed his emblem back to his normal one. :D
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Haha yeah, somebody took Schooly D's patriotism at little too seriously! :lol:

Good games tonight to GraeFocs, SimpleCastle, IshimaruPURE, Lt Testament, and, of course, Schooly D. I actually managed to hit Schooly D's Cypher tonight, so I am glad I can see some improvement!

The effin' comedians were out in full force tonight! EVERYBODY in the damn Live Party was in rare form, and the laughter flowed like water! We played until Microsoft finally kicked us off at approximately 12:05.

Good times all around! :mrgreen: