Lost Sheep Returns to Flock

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Kaiser Dragon

Lost Sheep Returns to Flock

Post by Kaiser Dragon »

To make a long story short, I'm back. If you want said long story, then keep reading.

I got into VOOT shortly after its 360 release; I was living in a dorm on my college, and a friend of mine was also interested in the game and got it on his 360. It was a rough ride at first; neither of us could beat Tangram, let alone even get to him. So I searched around the internet, found this place, and with the help of Commonlogik's Beginner's Guide got a grasp of the basics. My Temjin got (a little) better, I tried teaching some of my newfound knowledge to my friend's Aphramd-C, and then I even decided to try out Angelan.

When summer break came around I decided to get VOOT for myself. My house didn't have an internet connection at the time, but I was content to practicing on Single Player. I tried talking some of my friends into it, but only one seemed interested, and to this day he still hasn't bought the game for the LAN match we promised. The controls were definitely the biggest issue for my friends, and they just didn't want to spend the time learning them.

School came around again, but this time my family moved to a new house that was closer to my school, as well as my sister's medical school. I still keep in touch with my dorm friend, but his interest in the game waned. So I decided to pay for Xbox Live and play online again. I won some matches, I lost even more matches, but what I really didn't like was how hard it was to even find a match to begin with; I would only run into the same 5-star Generals, and I couldn't really learn anything from such short and brutal beatings. School took up more of my time, other games came around, and I just stopped playing VOOT.

Two years later, I get a friend request from Some_Nob. I check his profile; looks like he's only played one game. Let's see what that is... VOOT!? I don't see why anyone from that game would add me. And then I remembered that I did, in fact, post my GT on this forum. Last night we both happened to be on, he asked if I wanted to play a few matches, and I reluctantly agreed (I made sure to go into training for a quick refresher). And it was fun. He's a better player than me (the only reason me winning the matches I did was because I abused Temjin's Dash RW so much), but more importantly he reminded me that this game can be fun. And that's why I came back here today, hoping to learn some more, one step at a time. I probably won't post much, and other games like Castlevania and Dead Space 2 are a higher priority, but I think I'll pick up Angelan again and see how that turns out.
Heart and sword are one
A blade to cleave all Evil
My path becomes clear
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Lost Sheep Returns to Flock

Post by MentholMoose »

Welcome back!! There are still active players, so I'm sure you will find some more matches. All check out the tournaments section for an upcoming "rookie" tournament. The last one had a great turnout!
MentholMoose
Solar*Sonic

Post by Solar*Sonic »

Good job fellow Vooter. Always remember that voot and vo will be there for u and ur curiosity of bright and colorful giant japanese fighting robots
Some_Nob

Post by Some_Nob »

Kaiser Dragon, the pleasure was all mine. Thank you for your patience while looking up the required open ports for the xbox. I was my first lobby hosting on the xbox. As a huge fan of the orginal it was great to finally have my sticks arrived and happy that some was on to let me try them out so to speak.

It was great to not only play with the sticks but also against a non-AI opponent.. you showed me though how much I still need to learn, (i have recently discovered that crouch LW in close combat is a really really slow spin kick of some sort).

I would say you gave better than you got, and I wish I got the voice setup before hand because there were many times I wanted to say.. .. NICE one. (i.e that surf board ram). - though thanks to you i now know it has homing too :D. vs the old sword ramming in VOOM that didn't home. Also a few other different things in CC as well.

Though since learning of that slow crouch attack I have been trying to practise my sword dance so beware - that and also trying to learn the new Turbo attacks (as that is all new for me) - as well as air dashes to boot.

Also still having trouble finishing the end boss in time myself-

I hope I can play against the rest of you real soon, -

HitoriHanzo/Kaiser Dragon, I salute you.
~~~~~~~~~~
Don't argue with an idiot! They will lower your intelligence to their level, then beat you with experience.

GT:Some_Nob 360
VR:Fei Yen Kn
VO4: TBA

Australia, Brisbane - a founding member of BrisVOC - for VOOM(OMG).
~~~~~~~~~~
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Some_Nob wrote:Also still having trouble finishing the end boss in time myself-
You must pierce the heavens with you drill. It's the only way.

Edit: I was the 4000th post yay!!!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

neo helbeast wrote:Edit: I was the 4000th post yay!!!
NICE!!
MentholMoose
Kaiser Dragon

Post by Kaiser Dragon »

Nob, you learned quick after the first Ram, because I didn't land another one after that. :lol:

And I've never used Angelan in a player match before. I'm curious how she stacks up; that is, after I remember the stuff I used to do with her.
Heart and sword are one
A blade to cleave all Evil
My path becomes clear
Some_Nob

Post by Some_Nob »

Thank you Kaiser, :) and on that Angelan note, I myself had my eye out on her since I first heard about VOOT being released in the arcades many many years ago.

Its been a while since then, and just learning all the new things there is to offer (and re-learn some old things as well). Perhaps next time we can do some Angelan training as was a gg around.

A special thank you to David for showing me how Specineff can really punish, Ouch (Several Ouches to be more exact). I hope I can learn to dance around those balls - still trying to think of a viable solution as operation building shield failed miserably. The education was great I hope next time I can give as much as I got.

Until next time.
~~~~~~~~~~
Don't argue with an idiot! They will lower your intelligence to their level, then beat you with experience.

GT:Some_Nob 360
VR:Fei Yen Kn
VO4: TBA

Australia, Brisbane - a founding member of BrisVOC - for VOOM(OMG).
~~~~~~~~~~