Impact on 360 sales?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Impact on 360 sales?

Post by Knoxximus »

Hey, those of you who are Japanese or live in Japan or are in touch with someone who lives in Japan...has the the release of VOOT affected 360 system sales numbers at all? I would just think that something like an online enabled M.S.B.S. ver. 5.66 might actually be a system seller in the land of the rising sun. I mean, are players in Japan pulling a Menthol (i.e. buying a 360 solely because VOOT is available and otherwise couldn't care less)?
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Impact on 360 sales?

Post by Dreamcazman »

Knoxximus wrote:Hey, those of you who are Japanese or live in Japan or are in touch with someone who lives in Japan...has the the release of VOOT affected 360 system sales numbers at all? I would just think that something like an online enabled M.S.B.S. ver. 5.66 might actually be a system seller in the land of the rising sun. I mean, are players in Japan pulling a Menthol (i.e. buying a 360 solely because VOOT is available and otherwise couldn't care less)?
I'm sure there would be quite a few, but exact numbers is anyone's guess. :?:
VR-Eli

Post by VR-Eli »

Anyone wanna count the number of Xbox Live users with only a 200 point gamerscore? :lol:
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

VR-Eli wrote:Anyone wanna count the number of Xbox Live users with only a 200 point gamerscore? :lol:
Haha! So true! :lol:
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

There was a report at the end of the week that marked Voot's release, stating that sales of the 360 in Japan finally breached the 1 million mark.

I'll have to hunt down the actuall article, but I think thats a sign atleast.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Oolong

Post by Oolong »

Knoxximus wrote:
VR-Eli wrote:Anyone wanna count the number of Xbox Live users with only a 200 point gamerscore? :lol:
Ha, I was wondering the same thing recently... how many oratan.com members bought a 360 strictly for voot? I can name at least one ;)
GT: Gekirou
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

Oolong wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:
Ha, I was wondering the same thing recently... how many oratan.com members bought a 360 strictly for voot? I can name at least one ;)
Lets just say whatever console it was to come out for I would have bought just for it.
Gamering Taga: KyuAzier